Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok thought I would just start a new thread with an appropriate heading :)

These are in there first stages I will be fitting them next week

I will update pics with my progress next week :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The skidplates for the Ridgeline will have drain holes for the oil pan and drainage holes and I will see how I can integrate a hole without making it vulnerable for the oil filter change.

I have to test these plates on the trail with my brothers Ridgline so I will have some trail pics as well when these skidplates are finished. :cool:

ETA for finished product mid to the end of June. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looking forward to your test results and pics. Run it on some soft, deep sand too if you can, like some east coast beaches. Some skid plates can turn into giant scoops depending on the design. Great to see someone working this issue!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
SHTEngineering1 said:
Please let me know when you have the plates ready. I have been designing my own, but you're way ahead of me. Me wants me some plates.
I think the skidplates got cancelled because the Ridge is designed for the engine to drop in case of an accident and Outback was concerned about liabilities under that situation. This was posted under a similar thread, but I don't have a link. (Note that the original thread is over 1 year old.)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
In just running through dirt roads in local (Cali) areas I've already broken suspension parts (rear anti-sway bar linkage snapped), destroyed the plastic skids in the front (I’m going to have to take them off because they end up scraping my tire every time I hit some mud) and dented a bracket holding the front swing arm. I have a buddy with a stock Tacoma (has skid plates). He has no such problems and he does some crazy stuff in his truck. I love my RL, but I don't want to feel like I made a mistake buying the first truck from a car company. As for the people talking about the upgrades needed to make even the Rubicon into a 4X4 beast, at least the Rubicon can be upgraded. I can't even put a 32" tire on my "Truck". I just plan on traveling "easy" dirt trails to get out to some good Rock climbing spots or old mines. I will never try to take it rock crawling, but it wouldn't take much to crack the oil pan. This would not only leave me $%*#@^&! stranded, but potentially ruin my engine. I paid enough already I don't want to buy another engine for it. The lack of some type of protection is ridiculous, but making a truck that can never be made to have any off road balls is unforgivable. That FJ looks better each time I take my RL off of paved roads.:(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like a mistake was indeed made. I think you'll enjoy the FJ. Looks like a great vehicle to have some off-road fun in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts