Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to give a shot out to the other three Ridgelines that spent the holiday weekend in the ski towns of Colorado. I saw a nice DCP w/Roof Rack in the parking lot at Copper Mountain. Then there was a nice Black w/ Leer Shell, and a Steel Blue w/ Roof Rack from Utah on the main street of Breckenridge, Colorado. I was just happy to see other Ridgliners enjoying their Holiday weekend the best way they could. . . SKIING!!!! Oh and you made me go out and buy a Roof Rack. This truck just looks so awesome with it I couldn’t stand not having it any longer. I hope you guys are ROCers!

Oh and for thoes that where wondering the American Eagle Lift at Copper Mountain was still icy and the American Flyer lift had more snow but it is mostly green runs. Breckenridge looked good but did not get a chance to ski it.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I am jealous. My boards are still in the rack. Nothing but rain here.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Snow in the forecast for Wednesday, and Saturday in to Sunday.

On another note, I fear that not too many people in the Rocky Mountain Region are aware of the ROC. I always point out nice Ridgelines that I see driving around and not a single soul has chimed in that it was them. I am deeply sadden by this. I think it is time for me to start printing out the brochures and some cards and putting them on every Ridgeline I see.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to post this for you skiers out there make sure your equipment is set up PROPERLY for your skiing level. I had the unfortunate pleasure of destroying my ACL and tearing my MCL, LCL and meniscus while skiing in Vail a couple of weekends ago. It was all because my ski did not detach from my binding after catching in edge in some ungroomed powder on a blue run. I took a closer look at my settings and found the tech who worked on it set one tighter than the other and that happened to be my downfall. If it was setup properly it would have released and I would be good to go. But now, I am out of agility sports for 6 months to a year and my summer is completely destroyed in terms of hiking, biking, and back country camping all of which I had set vacation time aside to do this year. I'm not blaming anybody but myself for not double checking my settings before heading out. I have PT for the next six week and in a brace that entire time too. Luckily my doctor is one of the best in Orthopedics; also he is the lead doctor for the Local AAA baseball team (the farm team for the Colorado Rockies) and the lead orthopedic doctor for US Men’s Olympic Basketball Team. I think I am in good hands.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Take it easy and get well soon.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have to post this for you skiers out there make sure your equipment is set up PROPERLY for your skiing level. I had the unfortunate pleasure of destroying my ACL and tearing my MCL, LCL and meniscus while skiing in Vail a couple of weekends ago. It was all because my ski did not detach from my binding after catching in edge in some ungroomed powder on a blue run. I took a closer look at my settings and found the tech who worked on it set one tighter than the other and that happened to be my downfall. If it was setup properly it would have released and I would be good to go. But now, I am out of agility sports for 6 months to a year and my summer is completely destroyed in terms of hiking, biking, and back country camping all of which I had set vacation time aside to do this year. I'm not blaming anybody but myself for not double checking my settings before heading out. I have PT for the next six week and in a brace that entire time too. Luckily my doctor is one of the best in Orthopedics; also he is the lead doctor for the Local AAA baseball team (the farm team for the Colorado Rockies) and the lead orthopedic doctor for US Men’s Olympic Basketball Team. I think I am in good hands.

Sorry to hear of your mishap and I hope you heal quickly and your rehab goes well.

I had almost the same problem except I cracked off a nice piece of knee bone.
Doing some moguls with my bindings to tight, stuck my right ski in one and it didn't let go. My skiing days were over for several years, fear off that pain coming back.
What's interesting is I was working for that ski resort at the time of my mishap. So much for free skiing perks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts