Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have recently had a sound coming from the front end that my Honda tech has traced to the large spring just behind the front driver side tire. When turning the steering wheel in either direction (even when stationary and just idling), the bottom of the spring seems to catch on something, builds up some tension, then pops up and rotates slightly.

It has been intermittent (of course), but when it happens, it is quite noticeable.

Anyone else had this problem? Thnxs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes! I knew it couldn't be self test related because it would do it sitting in my garage at idle. I told my SA about it last visit and they say they will look into it when my "Not an Ashtray" door comes in. Please let us know what fix they come up with.

Cal
Silver

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts are in and it is in the shop today. They are replacing the parts at the top (and bottom?) of the spring as this is the part that is supposed to rotate but may be sticking. Will see if that fixes it.

Service Mgr also gave me a ride to work! In contrast to having to walk to work from the Ford dealership (corroded coil problem with Expy) yesterday because their shuttle driver slept in. The little things make a difference....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wow, I was wondering what that sound was. I thought it was like a CV joint gone bad. It doesn't do it at moderate to high speeds, but I notice it driving around slowly. Turning left or right, it doesn't matter. Honda quality control is not what it used to be. I really liked my "Made in Japan" Civic.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the problem goes away after driving for long distances.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts have been replaced and all is quiet on the front end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts