Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know if it is possible to lower the Ridgeline a couple of inches by cutting the coils on the suspension? My wife has short legs!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side rails? Do you mean the running boards? O'no. She is not allowed to step on the running boards. I want to lower the truck. There is to much of a gap between the tire and the fender lip. Can't imagine cutting on a 35k truck? One of the joys in life is to be able to make your car or truck different from all others. Besides,lowering the truck is cheaper than getting her longer legs. She would be out of commision too long!! Imagine the piles of dishes,laundry,2 feet of grass to be mowed etc. She would never get caught up on her chores.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does your wife have a sister? I could use another wife who actually does all that stuff (-:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hate to say it.. but you're better off waiting to see if an aftermarket company (Eibach, Sport Springs..etc.) comes out with lowering springs. You cut the springs, you've now damaged the cars engineered suspension. Ever see one of those "slammed" civics runnin' around town that looks like its bouncin' off the bumpstops? Not a pretty sight, not a comfortable ride and does a number on those items in the vehicle that aren't fortunate enough to be bolted to the frame. That's what happens with cut springs. Progressively spun lowering springs are the best bet.. ya just gotta wait for 'em.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Don't cut. Wait for aftermarket set up. It won't long. Get your wife stilts or a step ladder with a line attached to pull it up after use. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts