Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home from work this evening I started "playing" with my new toy...I noticed that the rubber weather seal by the crowl wasn't in the indentation that it was suppose to be. Upon closer examination I found that the last two black plastic "T's" that hold the weather stripping in place were missing. Will notifiy my dealer Monday and hope they order some extra "T's" to correct this problem (really don't need the whole weather-seal-strip, just the "T's"). For those who care to check their's, my seal was out of the channel on the passenger side...good luck!!!
This is the only real problem I've experinced so far other then the reverse sensors (middle section) wasn't working (the sensors weren't wired in). That problem was fixed with two hours of disassembly, plug in the sensor and reassembly, no big deal. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-up as per my last posting...Got up this morning and called a local auto glass / paint supply store (had been there before and they have a rather large three ring book with all kinds of automobile fasteners on display). Also called my local dealer and was informed that the parts department was open until noon. Stopped at the auto glass /paint supply store first and to my pleasant surprise they had "Honda" style weather-strip clips in stock. Bought two (total cost $ .50) and slipped them on while "my toy" was still in their parking lot. Yes, I understand these would be covered under the warranty but it probably would of taken a week to order and receive them in. Then another trip into town (a 20 mile journey and 30 minutes of my time one way) and the wait to have them installed...worth the $ .50 to me. And the fact it is already done!!! :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Do you have a picture? I would like to see what this corrected.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, no camera. This is the weather strip behind the engine towards the windshield in front of the windshield wipers. There is another weather strip shaped like this mounted on the front of the hood that seals between the front of the raditor and the hood. This weather strip is about 3/4 " thick by about 1/2 " wide with 1/16 " holes in the bottom about every 10 " part that the clips are mounted in. These weather strips are about 4 to 5' long and black in color. Hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts