Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the source of the slight rattle sound that comes from the dash area on the passenger side? Mine is a 2019 RTL-E and I hear it when hit any sort of uneven pavement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had something similar on a 2020 RTL that started occurring after about 2000 miles on it. My issue was more of a creaking sound when the truck would shift its weight on the frame. I could beat reproduce it by doing “S” turns at low speeds, under 20 mph, though it did occur at higher speeds with less turning motion. It was definitely not a suspension thing as I regularly went over a pitted unpacked parking lot and it would not make the sound. I brought it to the dealer who was able to reproduce it, and they consulted a Honda engineer, who had said they had heard about this. I’m not a car guy, so I didn’t understand their resolution, but it sounded like they lubricated the chassis some how.
It was gone for a few days and then came back, but a different sound, tighter and shorter, as if they had tightened up some metal that was binding a bit. I plan to have them look at it again. Will try to remember to update this thread when I do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a large plastic panel under the glove box, above the passenger foot area. On mine, it wasn't secured well and rattled. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
157 Posts
I have a (metallic?) rattle noise underneath the center console that you can only hear when there is no music and silence. I have yet to find a solution, but then again is not too invasive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts