Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yesterday that my driver window was slow to close. It had also retracted down while on the way up at on point. I had read that it could use some oiling as a possible solution. How do I oil the track? I was hoping I would not have to take apart the door. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
TSB 10-011 address this and other trouble shooting. The PDF is bigger than I can post, but I found it by using Google. Perhaps the link will work for you. I used a pure silicone spray (not DW40 or similar) instead of the special Shin-Etsu grease the TSB calls out. Silicone spray may not be quite as good as the special grease, but it is "rubber friendly" I sprayed the the silicone lubricant on a rag and wiped the window edges and carefully sprayed a small amount in the channels and wiped them down. In my case there was a slight build up of something that kept appearing on the glass, presumably the channel material itself, but at any rate hasnt been a problem since.

http://dvpatel.homelinux.com/forumfiles/SB/A10-011.PDF

·
Registered
637 Posts
I noticed yesterday that my driver window was slow to close. It had also retracted down while on the way up at on point. I had read that it could use some oiling as a possible solution. How do I oil the track? I was hoping I would not have to take apart the door. Thanks for any help.
You can use DOT 4 brake fluid (silicone) or photocopier silicone on a paint brush or use a diabetic's syringe (tiny dose) and either 'paint' the backside of the track (risky) or just put the window up a couple inches and put the lube where the top edge of the glass touches the back of the track. The meniscus of lube will then be drawn down. Raise the window another few inches and repeat. I should have taken a picture. :act002:

Rain may eventually wash it out, and rain certainly makes the symptoms worse.

:act024:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.