Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sprint Booster for 2nd gen Ridgeline, fixes the lag and throttle response. Video

At the request of many members, these are now back in stock.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3!

These work so well, if you order this and don't like it, I'll let you send it back, no restocking fee, and I'll pay the return shipping!

If any questions, etc, you can always call and order over phone too, or text 717-319-2100

I've sold a slew of these for the 1st gen Honda Ridgeline (and the 2nd gen 2017+ has even more lag). These trucks have a laggy throttle and this fixes it. These don't give more hp, which many think that's what it does. It makes the vehicle feel more like there's a direct link, a cable link from the pedal to the throttle body, which most of these drive by wire setups still aren't instant like an old school cable would be. Gives a more instant feel when merging from an exit onto the highway, more instant response when mashing the throttle, and quick pass bys where you may need to get out the way quick, it's just all around more instant.)

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! There are also some recent reviews this order link

- and this is where the real proof is.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sprint Booster for 2nd gen Ridgeline, fixes the lag and throttle response. Video

You will love it. Ran out and will ship Thursday express shipping. I've sold almost 20 of these for the 2017+ and it makes it fun to drive again, like it should have been from the factory!

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Sprint Booster for 2nd gen Ridgeline, fixes the lag and throttle response. Video

I got the sprint booster installed the other day and so far like it. It was a little tricky getting upside down in the driver's footwell to get the connector off of the pedal assembly, but it is manageable without removing anything already on the car.

Once installed I tried the different sport modes and settled on Green-6 for now. It basically lets me drive with subtle foot movements rather than full pedal motion when you want to accelerate quickly. Moving up into Green-9 the map is too aggressive and the transmission constantly shifts when you apply the gas.

Overall it's definitely a personal preference whether you want a little more sporty feel or the ability to adjust settings on the fly. I think it's kind of like having the "sport mode" options that some other cars come with.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So this device remaps the throttle?
In a sense. - it DOES fix the DELAY in the drive by wire module in the car. The reaction time of the gas pedal when you press it... In these trucks, 2017+ Ridgeline there is inherent delay in the gas pedal. Some complain that when merging onto the highway then pressing throttle, it can seem very delayed, or even just daily driving it's can seem sluggish a bit. This fixes that issue and lets you have instant response... Similar to any car made before 2004, that had a metal cable from the gas pedal to the engine. It works and makes the truck more fun to drive. Some have also reported slightly better gas mileage on trips, but I don't market it for that being one of the reasons to get it.

2017+ Ridgeline Sprint Booster at Burtman Industries - IN STOCK, will ship express shipping, 2 days to your door.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the request of many members, these are now back in stock.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3!

These work so well, if you order this and don't like it, I'll let you send it back, no restocking fee, and I'll pay the return shipping!

If any questions, etc, you can always call and order over phone too, or text 717-319-2100

I've sold a slew of these for the 1st gen Honda Ridgeline (and the 2nd gen 2017+ has even more lag). These trucks have a laggy throttle and this fixes it. These don't give more hp, which many think that's what it does. It makes the vehicle feel more like there's a direct link, a cable link from the pedal to the throttle body, which most of these drive by wire setups still aren't instant like an old school cable would be. Gives a more instant feel when merging from an exit onto the highway, more instant response when mashing the throttle, and quick pass bys where you may need to get out the way quick, it's just all around more instant.)

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! There are also some recent reviews this order link

- and this is where the real proof is.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I've found installing a s-vcm does the same thing... power all of the time.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. But this here to get the word out. This is one of the best kept secrets and my customers have been calling me after they get it praising me. People need to know about. Some have gone Back to the dealer with their brand new vehicle with Honda telling them this is just the way it is. This upgrade fixes the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered from Jason a while back. This is my second Ridgeline and although I'm fairly satisfied with the power on and off road, there have been many times when I've either been trying to pull out into traffic, merge onto the highway or get around an 18 wheeler and the lack of throttle response has left me in some hairy situations. This fixed me up and feels like my older cable driven cars. I can’t believe Honda let’s these leave the plant like this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope. But this here to get the word out. This is one of the best kept secrets and my customers have been calling me after they get it praising me. People need to know about. Some have gone Back to the dealer with their brand new vehicle with Honda telling them this is just the way it is. This upgrade fixes the problem.
How much does this device "improve" the 0-60 time?

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How much does this device "improve" the 0-60 time?
I'm not sure on the ridgeline, but on another forum I sponsor for Toyota's, the new 4Runner, 2010-2019 model, I've sold 80 of these so far. That vehicle is really bad and even if you google search 2018 4Runner throttle lag, you will see people talking about it and then getting one of these. Anyway, my one customer did a test, again, this was on a 4Runner, and said his 0-60 is a half second quicker! Now, I know most aren't doing 0-60 runs in a 4Runner or a Ridgeline, but realistically to improve a 0-60 by a half second (.5) you'd have to add 50+ horsepower, ie. supercharger/turbo, etc. Now again, this Sprint Booster is just eliminating the delay after you press the pedal, it's the reduction in delay that makes the difference here.

You can dig back further on here as I sold these for the 1st gen ridgeline too and there are posts on here from back then, over 5 years old with people putting these on their 1st gen and loving the difference. Now I'm hearing the 2nd gen makes more of a difference. It also makes it a little more fun to drive, makes it feel peppier, and no delay. This does not add hp, it just reduces the delay by the drive by wire technology which is dated and uses the same algorithm since 2005 it seems, or these wouldn't make the difference that they do. I've also had some tell me they are getting better gas mileage on trips with this on. I don't market this as a feature of this item, but I guess technically you'd be using less gas, since you're eliminating that extra delay which I guess could result in less fuel burnt overall.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! - If you don't like it, I'll let you send it back. Running it on my own vehicle for 2 weeks, I can't go back, as the difference is really there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
FWIW, in my mind, the 0-60 time isn't for racing. 0-60 time is what real folks need to merge quickly with, and into freeway traffic.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts