Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Just throwing this out there for others to try too. Just for sh!ts & giggles, I decided to try hitting the D4 button on the shifter immediately before a highway pass. To me, it seems to help with that terrible lag I normally get when I want to pass on the highway.
FYI - I've been doing this for a while now. This eliminates the lag when I need to pass quickly on the highway, which was the only issue I experienced. I guess, for me, there is longer a need to spend hundreds of dollars for a "fix." :D

YMMV!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Question for owners -- is there a setting/level on this thing that essentially yields what you'd describe as "halfway beween ECON and ECON-OFF"?

I'm finding that it seems that halfway point would be optimal for my preferences.
All the modes on the Sprint booster will increase throttle speed so there's no mode that will turn it down below standard (Econ off).

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've tried out the Sprint booster for over a week now and plan on returning it. It does everything it claims (except improve fuel economy... Not sure how someone could make that claim).

It does improve the driving experience by making the throttle more responsive. That said, the settings that didn't feel jarring are fairly subtle and I can easily just put a slight more of my foot on the pedal to get the same affect.

If this were priced at $150, id probably keep it. At $300, the experience doesnt really justify the expense.

201 - 204 of 204 Posts