Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Just throwing this out there for others to try too. Just for sh!ts & giggles, I decided to try hitting the D4 button on the shifter immediately before a highway pass. To me, it seems to help with that terrible lag I normally get when I want to pass on the highway.
FYI - I've been doing this for a while now. This eliminates the lag when I need to pass quickly on the highway, which was the only issue I experienced. I guess, for me, there is longer a need to spend hundreds of dollars for a "fix." :D

YMMV!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Question for owners -- is there a setting/level on this thing that essentially yields what you'd describe as "halfway beween ECON and ECON-OFF"?

I'm finding that it seems that halfway point would be optimal for my preferences.
All the modes on the Sprint booster will increase throttle speed so there's no mode that will turn it down below standard (Econ off).

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've tried out the Sprint booster for over a week now and plan on returning it. It does everything it claims (except improve fuel economy... Not sure how someone could make that claim).

It does improve the driving experience by making the throttle more responsive. That said, the settings that didn't feel jarring are fairly subtle and I can easily just put a slight more of my foot on the pedal to get the same affect.

If this were priced at $150, id probably keep it. At $300, the experience doesnt really justify the expense.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I just got back from our annual cross-country trip. The booster arrived the day before we left. I purposely did not install it before we left. The drive east was without it and the drive west had it installed. On the 2007 G1 installation took about 30 secs and was literally a plug-and-play. There is definitely a difference for the better. First, it does nothing to the horsepower, only the increase the throttle responsiveness.

Without the booster, when merging and punching it to merge, there is a definite momentary hesitation where it feels like the engine is winding up and then it takes off. With the booster the very second you step on the gas, the truck is moving - without hesitation. I haven't tried all the settings, but for now I settled on Sport 7. There was a mention in the posts above of it shaving a 1/2 second off the 0-60 time. I personally didn't time it, but I can definitely see where this hesitation elimination could make for a 1/2 second shave.
That's a great way to do a comparison. I sometimes hit the off button to see what the trucks were like before I added the SB and it's mind blowing at the difference there is. I just did a 450 mile trip and I divided my miles like I always do and I'm getting between .9 to 1.1 MORE mpg with the unit on! I've messed with these and am anal about my mileage and it's definitely helped mileage on both of my trucks with it on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The HIKEit throttle controller is $200 and I think you can get a $40-50 discount if you use a coupon code - $150 is not a bad price for one of these devices (PS: I have no financial or other relationship with them!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
The HIKEit throttle controller is $200 and I think you can get a $40-50 discount if you use a coupon code - $150 is not a bad price for one of these devices (PS: I have no financial or other relationship with them!)
This looks like a pretty cool product. Definitely wins out for features vs. price (it has an "anti-theft" mode just like the latest Sprint Booster). It also has a nice aluminum case and a processor made in Switzerland. I wish I'd known about it first, before I purchased a Sprint Booster. It looks like the price has gone up, though. It's now $200 WITH a discount. It's also out of stock currently. Supply and demand...?

Has anyone compared the Sprint Booster 3 functionality to the HIKEit X9?

·
Registered
83 Posts
NO way I'd put that thing in my car with no track record. All the reviews were posted in the last 2 months = fishy and none are for a ridgeline.

I went with the Sprint Booster because it's patented and won the SEMA award for best performance product. I like to buy things that are proven with a track record that people have used in the same car I own. I did my Sprint Booster install stealth. Meaning I didn't mount the controller as I didn't want anything on the dash. These other devices you have to have some stupid controller hooked up that is ugly.

·
Administrator
13,775 Posts
NO way I'd put that thing in my car with no track record. All the reviews were posted in the last 2 months = fishy and none are for a ridgeline.

I went with the Sprint Booster because it's patented and won the SEMA award for best performance product. I like to buy things that are proven with a track record that people have used in the same car I own. I did my Sprint Booster install stealth. Meaning I didn't mount the controller as I didn't want anything on the dash. These other devices you have to have some stupid controller hooked up that is ugly.
Every product was once new and unproven. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can say this. I had the "HikeIt" when they called it the "9 Drive" and they has some other called" X Drive" and "King BOOSTER" and I believe there was a "G Drive"? Straight from China, took two weeks to get. It looked cheesy but I tired it and it seemed to work ok.
It went bad after 2 months. Kept getting engine lights. They said it was the connection , then stopped replying.I hope nobody is slinging that garbage here. You couldn't pay me to waste my money with them again.
Bought the SB and have had no issues yet!

YET, ,.....I hope I didn't jinx myself ! lol

·
Vendor
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
I can say this. I had the "HikeIt" when they called it the "9 Drive" and they has some other called" X Drive" and "King BOOSTER" and I believe there was a "G Drive"? Straight from China, took two weeks to get. It looked cheesy but I tired it and it seemed to work ok.
It went bad after 2 months. Kept getting engine lights. They said it was the connection , then stopped replying.I hope nobody is slinging that garbage here. You couldn't pay me to waste my money with them again.
Bought the SB and have had no issues yet!

YET, ,.....I hope I didn't jinx myself ! lol
LOL, yep. I was contacted by a long time ago and was asked to carry the product. It seems to be known that we sell a lot of sprint boosters and many companies want to cash in. I don't blame them, but I can't carry a product where the name keeps changing when a bad reputation starts to happen. The name has changed several times.

I've been selling the sprint booster on this forum I think since 2009 or earlier. My posts are still here on this forum. I started selling this for the first gen ridgeline and people loved the difference and those posts are still here till this day. I sell products on this forum that have a good track record and that people enjoy. There isn't that much markup on the sprint booster, meaning my cost isn't much lower than what I'm selling it for. What happens is, people end up really liking this thing and it makes then want to buy other items from us. Tonneau Covers, Lowering Springs, our Custom Skid Plates, etc.

The Sprint Booster in stock again and I'm shipping them 2nd day air again! http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=ridge_sprint_bstr

Edit: here is my post from 2009 and you can see the comments and feedback here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like to use Adaptive Cruise Control often. Will the Sprint Booster constantly shift gears to keep pace if you are in the upper numbers of Sport or Race Mode?

·
Administrator
13,775 Posts
I like to use Adaptive Cruise Control often. Will the Sprint Booster constantly shift gears to keep pace if you are in the upper numbers of Sport or Race Mode?
Neither the Sprint Booster nor any of its competitors will have any effect when using cruise control or adaptive cruise control since there is no throttle input from the accelerator pedal and nothing for the accelerator pedal signal remapping device to do.

·
Vendor
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #214

·
Administrator
13,775 Posts
It's literally on its 3rd generation and has been around for quite a while -- 2005 to be exact, so 15 years.
@ridgeliners17 was referring to the HIKEit X9. Development on this device started in 2012 according to their website.

The Sprint Booster is on its third generation. Their website was first archived by Archive.org in 2008.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe it is me but I do not perceive throttle lag on my RL.
Yeah the 2020 demo I test drove had no perceivable lag at all, and coming from turbos, I know what a pain lag can be. But then I did manual shifting with the paddles, and all I had to do was downshift a gear with foot on the gas and it took off--no lag. Almost as responsive as my 2012 Acura TL AWD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a bridge I wanna sell ya`ll

·
Vendor
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #219 (Edited)
Ok, good news - just got 10 more in stock again (can't keep them in stock and these will ship out same day as ordered) Sold 5 last week and I have been sending all customers this link to this post to have them chime in, but again, not everyone has an account on there. This is an 11 page post and many customers that own that unit have posted user reviews in here for those than want to sift through and read them :)

Sprint Booster at Burtman Industries - in stock again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Burt do you have for a 2019 Accord Stick shift? We just got a slightly used one for our daughter and I can already tell it's got lag on the pedal. Hope you can help an old guy out

201 - 220 of 227 Posts