Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 225 Posts

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
FWIW, in my mind, the 0-60 time isn't for racing. 0-60 time is what real folks need to merge quickly with, and into freeway traffic.
Oh, good point. That flew right over my head. Being a half second ahead is all the time in the world in a possible crash. The one I sold Friday was a guy calling for his wife when she drives it. They just got the truck last week and she can't get used to the delay. He said he noticed it too, but she was more scared to drive it, in the highway merging instances.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! - If you put it on and don't like it, I'll let you send it back. Also, when you order, if you want a nice free T shirt, add what size you are in the notes box in last stage of checkout,.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Sprint Booster for 2nd gen Ridgeline, fixes the lag and throttle response. Video

I'm happy to report 6 people ordered these since this post and blew them off the shelf. Stay tuned for some good feedback in this post. They work and I like being able to offer products that help owners out.

2017+ Ridgeline Sprint Booster at Burtman Industries -out of stock, but if you order now will be back in stock later this will and will still ship express shipping, 2 days to your door after they come back in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wouldn't this put more strain on your transmission?
I'm not a engineer, just a logical thought. Maybe those with mechanical knowledge chime in.
I very much like the concept and may consider ordering one if it won't hurt the longevity of the transmission.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Wouldn't this put more strain on your transmission?
I'm not a engineer, just a logical thought. Maybe those with mechanical knowledge chime in.
I very much like the concept and may consider ordering one if it won't hurt the longevity of the transmission.
I don't think so, since this device does not increase the torque output of the engine. It just shortens or eliminates the delay from the TPS to the engine ECM, resulting in a much shorter response time. If anything, I would think less input from the driver would be required to achieve the same result.

For instance, instead of depressing the accelerator 60% to achieve a desired speed or rate of acceleration, maybe with the device installed, you might only give it 45-50% to achieve the same desired result.

I have no proof of this, rather it's my opinion or educated guess, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

I’m not sure my G2 hood could handle the sudden acceleration!
Or your neck and eyeballs, which may flatten slightly during acceleration.

·
Super Moderator
2,842 Posts
My 2017 RTL-E Ridgeline's sometimes pronounced hesitation has bothered me since June 20, 2016, the day I picked it up from the dealer.

So I'm dying to try this product. But I just can't cost-justify almost $300 for this functionality. I would love to be notified in event that there is a promotion of some sort that significantly lowers the price. thanks.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have know problem with my "19 E" merging into traffic even in econ mode put the pedal down if needed and she goes. The problem I have are the other idiots that dont know how to drive. Does any of the posters have mods like bigger tires or maybe in an RL turn the econ mode off if it was on to see the difference. If its that bad buy a Camaro or some other sports car and remove the trunk lid then youll have your fast merging car/truck.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
since this device does not increase the torque output of the engine. It just shortens or eliminates the delay from the TPS to the engine ECM, resulting in a much shorter response time. If anything, I would think less input from the driver would be required to achieve the same result.

For instance, instead of depressing the accelerator 60% to achieve a desired speed or rate of acceleration, maybe with the device installed, you might only give it 45-50% to achieve the same desired result.

I have no proof of this, rather it's my opinion or educated guess, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Or your neck and eyeballs, which may flatten slightly during acceleration.
Correct! Thanks. That's a good way to explain it. It's like me telling you to blink your eye. Then me telling you to blink your eye faster... You can't. This does the blink faster. Same thing you explained. I enjoy selling this as it's one of the fewer parts people email me back after saying how their truck is much better and more fun to drive.

My 2017 RTL-E Ridgeline's sometimes pronounced hesitation has bothered me since June 20, 2016, the day I picked it up from the dealer.

So I'm dying to try this product. But I just can't cost-justify almost $300 for this functionality. I would love to be notified in event that there is a promotion of some sort that significantly lowers the price. thanks.
Well if it makes you feel better, I'm only selling these $40 over my cost. If you had it on your vehicle for 2 weeks, then turned it off, you'd say it was worth it. That's all I know.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! - If you put it on and don't like it, I'll let you send it back. Also, when you order, if you want a nice free T shirt, add what size you are in the notes box in last stage of checkout,.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I don’t have anything for or against Burtman. If you want to fix throttle lag, this device might work.

There are many devices out there, some simple ECU plug ins that not only solve throttle lag issues, they can improve fuel savings as in MPG along with HP and generally make the driving characteristics much more fun. All safely and without being a, “one trick pony” that this supposedly wonderful device is. I can’t speak about that but can say those ECU unicorns are more fun and they work. I tap my pedal from idle, it jumps, from any speed, the right things happen. I’m saving a couple MPG, not much, maybe 1-3 since it’s too fun to get ahead of traffic easily (not necessarily speed, get to limit quick) while dyno showed significant gains.
Point is this, if you like to tinker, it’s easy these days. I don’t and consulted an expert that got me something that made for sporty ballsy performance with more than 40 hp proven gained. That sounds impossible but ride or drive it, you’d believe. This tech is readily available in lots of levels and flavors, not cosmic or risky, just more fun than turning a wire into a stick. 🔐

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Correct! Thanks. That's a good way to explain it. It's like me telling you to blink your eye. Then me telling you to blink your eye faster... You can't. This does the blink faster. Same thing you explained. I enjoy selling this as it's one of the fewer parts people email me back after saying how their truck is much better and more fun to drive.

Well if it makes you feel better, I'm only selling these $40 over my cost. If you had it on your vehicle for 2 weeks, then turned it off, you'd say it was worth it. That's all I know.

The PayPal link on your website isn't working.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The PayPal link on your website isn't working.
Try the CC checkout option, or Call or txt me at 717-319-2100 - can take you order over the phone.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
IMHO the throttle in my RL is too sensitive. I have this product in my Mini because it was a sluggish response.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
THose are good suggestions, but it's not the fix. I've had customers call me that have tried it every way. Then they brought their vehicle back to the dealer and they tell them, sorry, that's the way it is. I've also sold these for Lamborghni's. My point here is, it's not Honda's fault or Lamborghini, it's the company that makes the module that these manufacturers install, just like an airbag or any other component they don't make themselves.

I've now sold 13 units total now. I will also email them and hopefully can get them to leave more reviews, but there are many reviews already, some very detailed at the bottom of this order link, SCROLL down to see reviews:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! - If you put it on and don't like it, I'll let you send it back. Also, when you order, if you want a nice free T shirt, add what size you are in the notes box in last stage of checkout.

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
I generally prefer to drive with ECON (not ECO) mode on as well because it makes for smoother driving. My foot adapts to a change in ECON mode in less than a day.

Actually, I find that the use of ECON mode makes the vehicle feel more powerful. Wait. WHAT? Yes - with ECON mode off or use of device that increases throttle sensitivity, most of the "goodie" occurs early in the movement of the accelerator pedal after which there's not much left. ECON mode is closer to how I expect and prefer the throttle to respond with a smooth, gentle tip-in for normal driving while still allowing wide-open throttle when the accelerator pedal is fully depressed.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I’m really trying to grasp the bennies of Brint Sprooster (sorry, dyslexia strikes 10 out of 1 people) but watching the video, having a basic understanding of throttle bodies and a solid engineering background this appears to be a device that turns throttle by wire into throttle by lever, that’s not cosmic. Having modes to vary stick flexibility in the name of ECON (operant word?) is clever on a universal level. I just don’t see the discovery or invention factor or maybe I’m not wowed because of the way beyond that performance product I have instead. I just find it odd that we RL stock owners can’t see lag. Select ECO and drive a while, rodeo mode, something happens eight seconds later. It does amuse me that you get a free T-shirt, make mine XXECON and help me understand the magic, really as it still seem like one ‘schtick’ pony?

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I really don't understand what's so amusing with having shirts made up and giving some away to customers on this forum. BUt, what I have OFFERED from the start is a full refund for anyone that buys this and doesn't like it. And I'll even pay the return shipping. Why? Because it works. Plain and simple. The reviews on the site link below (Scroll down) are from actual users of this item on their Ridgeline. Their emails are also listed and you can contact them if you like if for some reason you don't believe the claims. I like this item because people call after they get it, (no one normally calls to say thanks) because they like it that much.

And just for that, I've dropped the price for a few days, updated price on link, Again, scroll down to read REAL reviews.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3! - If you get this and don't like it, I'll let you send it back, shipping paid.

21 - 40 of 225 Posts