Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Small accident...

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  skelley521 
#1 ·
Hey all, had a small fender bender the other day, and was curious for some input on the damage... I will be seeing a mechanic, buy I'm curious for what others have payed for relatively similar damage... Thanks!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd just replace the one damaged lite and keep driving it. $30.
But I imagine you're like many of these others that want perfection (yes? no?).

#3 ·
I'd just replace the one damaged lite and keep driving it. $30.

But I imagine you're like many of these others that want perfection (yes? no?).

Actually the light is fine (thank god) I just disconnected it since it fell out of the plastic housing... My bullbar was pushed back from the impact, but no other damage than the little crack, which doesn't bother me to much

#5 ·
I'm just curious where this price point came from? I'm not being rude... I'm genuinely curious since I've never had an accident... Thank you!

#10 ·
#7 ·
I don't know where S.T.U.V. got his number but I had a similar accident a while back. I really don't have any body shop knowledge to speak of.

The only way to fix the cracked bumper is replacement.
The bumper is one big piece of plastic that has to be painted to match your truck. That's why it could be $1500 or more.

#8 ·
Is the bull bar attached to the radiator support?
If so, I would be inspecting that issue to prevent further issues.

Your front bumper is around $340 + shipping. Buy it and have it painted, then install yourself would save you a lot.
Call a body shop or stop in for a estimate, it's free everywhere I go. I'd say 700-1K usd
Your bumper ...Link

#9 ·
Is the bull bar attached to the radiator support?

If so, I would be inspecting that issue to prevent further issues.

Your front bumper is around $340 + shipping. Buy it and have it painted, then install yourself would save you a lot.

Call a body shop or stop in for a estimate, it's free everywhere I go. I'd say 700-1K usd

Your bumper ...Link

I'm not 100% sure as I didn't install it myself... But I will check into that tmmr!!! Also, could a used bumper work fine aswell? Plenty of Ridgelines around here being parted out for various reasons....

#12 ·
#14 ·
FWIW, Personally Cree, I'd start shopping for a parted out silver Ridgeline bumper skin, especially if you can find one about the same age, (from another '06) it should be so close in color that you'd never know unless your within 5'. And if the seller is willing to deal you may find other parts which would serve you well toward this repair, counting on the source vehicle has never been wrecked in the front.

The other thing about finding a used one, this bumper skin is/has been documented on the ROC on its removal, so if your willing you may be able to "cosmetically" repair this yourself. This is considering there are no structural damage once underneath.

Good Luck

#15 ·
FWIW, Personally Cree, I'd start shopping for a parted out silver Ridgeline bumper skin, especially if you can find one about the same age, (from another '06) it should be so close in color that you'd never know unless your within 5'. And if the seller is willing to deal you may find other parts which would serve you well toward this repair, counting on the source vehicle has never been wrecked in the front.

The other thing about finding a used one, this bumper skin is/has been documented on the ROC on its removal, so if your willing you may be able to "cosmetically" repair this yourself. This is considering there are no structural damage once underneath.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the info, that's definitely my #1 option right now, aswell as the most affordable most likely... Any idea what I'd be looking for structurally in this area? Thanks for all the help!

#16 ·
I assume no airbags fired? How about the seat belt lock? Did it lock? Any lights on the panel now?

I had something similar a couple of years ago ... no airbags, but the seat belt locked. Had to have the SRS unit and the front seat belts replaced plus a new bumper skin. I had an SRS light on afterwards, iirc. $2000-ish for my RL.

The car I bumped:

Total damage about $5000 between the 2 vehicles for that little bit of damage.

#18 ·
Fortunately for me, no airbags, seatbelt didn't lock, no lights at all... Just seems to be cosmetically damage right now... Haven't had the chance to look under by my bullbar yet, but will be doing that soon... Thanks for sharing and helping you, very much appreciated!

#21 ·
2K? IDK about that.

Insurance adjuster did the eval.
I just had the rear bumber replaced:
1. New bumper
2. All new black plastic trimmings/lic lights etc, all around the bumper for a 09'
3. New OEM taillight.
4. New cat back exhaust
5. New Trailer hitch and wiring plug
6. 2 New rear mud flaps
7. Paint and labor

Total: $2,277.07 and when I picked it up from the body shop, they said they were able to do the repairs for that.

So that front bumper is way way way less for sure.

#22 ·
I don't know about in the USA but here in Canada.If you call your insurance and ask any kind of question about fixing your vehicle and they now know it was in a accident.Whether you go thru the insurance or you pay for it your self you now have an accident on your record.

#23 ·
I still do not know how insurance companies get away with this logic of thinking. My daughter, while on my policy, had an accident. She was sitting at a red traffic light when another vehicle ran into the back of her.

Now I will fast forward one year. My daughter began shopping for own car insurance policy. They asked her about any accidents in the last three years and she told them about this no fault incident. As a result of her answer, her premiums were considerably higher than my other daughter's, who is a year younger, premium. Same insurance company and similar cars. When questioned, the company said accident involvement.

Just does not seem right. This was about 6 years ago. Perhaps things have now changed (for the positive) in the auto insurance industry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.