That's exactly what I have been using.
Any tricks? Like changing the incline?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,407 Posts
That's exactly what I have been using.
Any tricks? Like changing the incline?
I assume you moved the temp control to hot? Otherwise, I don't know any other tricks. The Lisle funnel has always worked well for me across multiple vehicle coolant changes.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, I put in on max heat. It takes quite a while for the fans to come on. I beieve the thermostat is opening well before the fans activate. Bottom hose gets hot.
Engine temp guage never goes much over half.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Actually it never gets to half.
I notice turbulence in the big funnel when I go from max heat to max cool. Definitely getting some air out with that setting.

·
Super Moderator
23,407 Posts
Be advised the engine temp gauge is buffered/normalized. I've observed temps from 160*f-210*F or so on my various gauges and the needle stays rock solid at whatever the normal position is. So the onboard temp gauge is useless until it gets really hot... which I've never seen.

Reactions: HRL383

·
Registered
549 Posts
I’m reasonably sure the Rigi does not have a heater control valve, therefore, coolant always flows thru the heater core when the motor is running. So, selecting heater max only slows coolant warm-up/efan activation. If the a/c compressor is on, efans are on, slowing coolant warm-up.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
2006 absolutely has a heater control valve. On firewall inline with heater hoses.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Then yes, you need to turn heater on. Not all Rigi’s have a heater control valve. Max will make no difference since the heater control valve is either closed or full open, no in between.

·
Super Moderator
23,407 Posts
There is indeed a heater control valve. In step 1 of the coolant change procedure from the FSM (06-08), you are supposed to crank the engine and turn the heat on, then shut down.

·
Super Moderator
23,407 Posts
Then yes, you need to turn heater on. Not all Rigi’s have a heater control valve. Max will make no difference since the heater control valve is either closed or full open, no in between.
That may have changed with the 2009 Ridgeline. I don't see any mention of the heater valve in the 2009-13 FSM except, "unless equipped."

·
Registered
549 Posts
Heater control valves are being used less and less. Last one I can remember seeing was on a ‘97 Jeep Cherokee, iirc.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
2 more questions:
Can anybody identify what this electrical run is for? It dead-ends in this rubber sleeve. you have to scroll the picture down.
And what is supposed to clip on this mount? (Poviding ground, possibly?) I have a feeling it goes to the connection above.
Remember. I just replaced the radiator. So it may have been somethig I took off, or possibly behind the overflow reservoir.
Thanks.
unk_elec_RTL.jpg

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have fog lights, and they work. This doesn't seem to connect anywhere.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have fog lights, and they work. This doesn't seem to connect anywhere.
Could be some kind of diagnostic connector. Direct power to something they cant get to easily...Power steering pressure switch or something. If it reaches that mounting point then slide it on it. I am flipping through the wiring diagram and have yet to find anything with blu/red wires.

EDIT> Found blu/red to a/c clutch....could be a a/c diode as well

21 - 35 of 35 Posts