Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the Ridgeline did exactly what I needed it too... went up and down one lane gravel, dirt, hilly, rocky, bumpy mountain roads in Tenneessee. Went up steep inclines with loose gravel and rutty terain and no tire slippage.

Engaged VTM4-Lock one time just to see what it would do on a hill and all four wheels spun. Went about two feet, then disengaged and right back to no slippage.

It was easy, no stopping and engaging of 4-wheel mode like other 4WDs, just tromp right on through. Well this is what I bought it for and it perform exactly to my expectations.

Drove 633 miles and got around 20 mpg the whole trip. The navigation took us wherever we needed to go and then some. We got stuck on hwy 321 where a lumber truck flipped over. Did a 4 point turn around and the navagation plotted a new course and took us back to the cabin.

All in the comfort of the leather lined seats, A/C and XM radio.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Wow Doc, Great pics! sounds like you had fun. Did you get any photos of the RL off road?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5S Dude said:
Wow Doc, Great pics! sounds like you had fun. Did you get any photos of the RL off road?
No, I am afraid not. The sides of the roads were covered with brush and weeds so there was no place to take a pic from except in the road. I thought about a pic from the inside but you would only see the road. Next time I think I will use a vid cam and have some onboard video going up the hills and around the switchbacks.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
DoctorJ said:
Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg - about 14 miles off of 441 parkway.
Will be heading up that way next week, not sure to do the Smoky trip or the Blue Ridge, love them both. Leaf color should peak in the next few days in the mountains. Where was your cabin located?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
25 Year Honda Owner said:
Will be heading up that way next week, not sure to do the Smoky trip or the Blue Ridge, love them both. Leaf color should peak in the next few days in the mountains. Where was your cabin located?
The cabin road was not on the map, however it is Sleepy Bear Cabins, the Big Bear.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
DoctorJ said:
The cabin road was not on the map, however it is Sleepy Bear Cabins, the Big Bear.
Thanks will check out the cabins. Here is were I want to go, http://www.pisgahinn.com/. No vacancies for the last several weeks. You may want to check this out for you next mountain trip. A little piece of heaven! Couple of pics attached of the area. 1st pic is view from our room balcony, 2nd pic about a mile down the road, rememeber the movie? Would be a great place to have a Ridgeline meet.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts