Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from 3 days and 700 miles of Ridgeline travel in the Smokies and Blue Ridge Parkway. Had to cut the Blue Ridge portion short due to road closures due to snow and ice. No fall color at any altitude. Averaged 18 mpg under some difficult conditions. The Ridgeline continues to impress me with performance and comfort. No Ridgline sightings on this trip. Did see a new Subaru Safari, what a joke.

Photo 1, Ridgeline on the Blue Ridge at Cold Mountain
Photo 2, Ridgeline in the Smokies just below Newfound Gap
Photo 3, Ridgeline in the Smokies at Cades Cove

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Nice posts and pics. It seems BLUES are getting more scenic adventures lately.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Oh no now we are going to have color wars as to which color gets better trips? I drove all the way to Florida in my Ridgeline, nice 3500 mile trip including driving through some really interesting storms and having a helicopter crash just beyond us which was interesting and will likely keep me out of helicopters just that much more.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome, 25YHO.

I'm a Rusty fan. I drove down from MA to the spring Bristol race this year, through the Smokeys as we stayed in VA. We had a whiteout on the way back from the Busch race.

Junior is fast in Happy Hour at Hotlanta. Good luck to your boy.

GO #2.

·
Registered
131 Posts
captmiddy said:
Oh no now we are going to have color wars as to which color gets better trips? I drove all the way to Florida in my Ridgeline, nice 3500 mile trip including driving through some really interesting storms and having a helicopter crash just beyond us which was interesting and will likely keep me out of helicopters just that much more.
I guess I'll stay out of the color wars, due to having the upper hand of having the Amazon truck and I live in Virginia that already has the scenerie that is shown above (Ha, ha, ha, just messing with y'all).

Nice picks though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just returned from the parkway yesterday. Started 276 in Brevard to right before Mt Mitchell on the 26th. Was on it from Hickory down to Linville on the 27th (best color found there). From Ashville west to right past the highest point of the parkway 28th. And on the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on the 29th. Had a blast only saw 1 on PW,black. Total of 2,100 miles avg 18.5 mpg.

·
Registered
205 Posts
25 Year Honda Owner said:
Just got back from 3 days and 700 miles of Ridgeline travel in the Smokies and Blue Ridge Parkway.(snip)
My wife and I did the Smokies four years ago in July on a Goldwing. BEAUTIFUL!!!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fastrack said:
I just returned from the parkway yesterday. Started 276 in Brevard to right before Mt Mitchell on the 26th. Was on it from Hickory down to Linville on the 27th (best color found there). From Ashville west to right past the highest point of the parkway 28th. And on the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on the 29th. Had a blast only saw 1 on PW,black. Total of 2,100 miles avg 18.5 mpg.
How did the Ridge handle the Dragon? I have been up it a couple of times in a 5 speed Accord, quite a trip. I had to go up 115 to get to the PW due to the closings due to snow and ice. 115 would be close to the Dragon, just not as long. It comes out on the PW about 4 miles East of Pisgah Inn.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Ridge did really good on the Dragon. I had a Civic behind my that was having a hard time keeping up with me. If I ever drive it again I will be sure to secure everything in the back seat and the trunk! I know the road you are talking about but not sure if I have driven it.
If you like I can post a couple pics on your thread after I sort through them.

Brad

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fastrack said:
The Ridge did really good on the Dragon. I had a Civic behind my that was having a hard time keeping up with me. If I ever drive it again I will be sure to secure everything in the back seat and the trunk! I know the road you are talking about but not sure if I have driven it.
If you like I can post a couple pics on your thread after I sort through them.

Brad
Post the pics, like to see them.

L

·
0 Posts
OMG I'm going to beg Todd to take me there!!
Breath taking this time of year and I haven't been through there in a few years.
ROAD TRIP BUCK!!
:p

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those not familiar with The Dragon here is a web site that you may find interesting. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ This is a stretch of US 129 between Robinsville, NC and Maryville, TN. It has more curves than a Ms America beauty contest.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fastrack said:
Thanks for the pics. You stole my thunder, I wanted to get a photo of my Ridgeline and the highest point on the Blue Ridge sign, it was not to be, snow and ice closed the road last week. Love the Biltmore also, those that have not been there need to go, fabulous. You cannot discribe Deals Gap (Dragon), you just have to drive it. Hope to see you on the Blue Ridge some day, we try to go to the Pisgah Inn at least once a year.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Hey guy neet photos. How did it handle on the Dragon?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pictures. I can never get enought of the Southern portion of the Blue Ridge. Maybe next spring we could have a ROC meet in that area, possibly Pisgah Inn or Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. A couple of more pics attached from a trip earlier this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
25 Year, sory to have missed seeing you along the way. We live in Marion and take 221 north to 194 north to Newland and 19E to our new summer place in Elk Park, 3 mi. from the Tenn. Line. Yesterday we decide to take the leasurely 19E from Newland to Spruce pine. The late color season made the ride an enyoyable time.:)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Wow! great photos. We need to jump in and get a road trip planned in ours now.
Great post!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spent a couple of days in the Smokies this week. All the good places were closed due to snow and ice. Did get to Cades Cove and here are a few pics:
1st- Ridgline at the old mill by the split rail fence
2nd- Doe with mountain background
3rd- Log cabin in the woods

BTW, all types of driving conditions, 650 miles and averaged 20.5 on 2 tanks of low octane. Happy with that!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts