Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get ready, they are predicting heavy snow for Fri/Sat...
"... snowfall rates of 1-3 inches per hour are possible. There is the potential for the hardest-hit areas to receive 1-2 feet of snow or more from the storm, where rain does not mix in."

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
Ridge-fun weather !!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I am going to LOWES in the mourning to get a few bags of ice/snow melt.
Not sure I got enough from last year.
Then got to go to store for a few things to take me into next week.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ridge-fun weather !!!
My ridge is in the body shop still....grrrr.....lol.
I still have the Jeep & the daughters Highlander tho :)

I am going to LOWES in the mourning to get a few bags of ice/snow melt.
Not sure I got enough from last year.
Then got to go to store for a few things to take me into next week.
Yup, need to stock up myself as I'm completely out.
Get the shovels ready and other supplies just to have on hand.
They are expecting several areas to loose power also.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic from AccuWeather...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
2016 Washington DC Auto Shows starts Friday at noon will walk six blocks catch subway 4 stops downtown get off up escalator inside walk into Convention Center door.
I will try to go that day because I doubt I will be out Sat when snowing & Sun.
Don't know about next week so Friday might be best. Heaviest snow Friday 6PM-1PM Saturday. Euro model Potential DC 12 inches GFS model 24.8 inches.
So we going to get snow in DC and not dusting like we had few days ago on grass only.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Get ready, they are predicting heavy snow for Fri/Sat...
"... snowfall rates of 1-3 inches per hour are possible. There is the potential for the hardest-hit areas to receive 1-2 feet of snow or more from the storm, where rain does not mix in."
1 to 2 feet, hell that's only a dusting.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to see some good snow fall, just not looking forward to any power outages though.
I think the winter of 93' was the last time we got anything in large amounts around here.
I had a 79' chevy w/ 4" lift and 38" tires that year and the wife and I cruised the back county roads for fun.
I ended up pushing snow over the hood until the clutch slipped then we took our wine and went home....lol.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
The weatherman put a scare in our area; salt and brine everywhere, schools closed, etc. Well here it is 10:00 AM and no snow, no freezing temps, a day of education lost, and most grocery stores sold out of milk and bread. Must be a conspiracy.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going for supplies here soon just in case. Knowing our area I bet many items will be missing on the shelves also.
Weather forecastering is one career where you can be 100% wrong and never get fired....lol.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yep they keep showing the people going to grocery stores and Home Depot.
Home Depot is out of Ice Melt but plenty of snow shovels. A lot of people doing snow shoveling services are stocking up on this stuff. TV showed one guy with 11 big bags of Ice Melt in pickup truck. Walmart had a bunch of shaker bottle a few day ago. I went there today and not a trace they had bag chairs in that spot. No need to try our new Lowes store if Home Depot was out saying they expect shipment this afternoon. That's the same stuff they pulled before when heavy snow expected. I got a few food things in Walmart then went to Safeway grocery store. Friday they had plenty large packs of chicken legs thighs in that section. Today all that stuff was just about gone. By tonight they will have did plenty of damage to the milk bread toilet paper supply.
I did not get any Ice Melt will need to use what I had from last year.
A few weeks ago I got some Rock Salt at store I use that in alley.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Maybe after I finish mulching the weeds down I'll turn on the tv and watch y'all.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Maybe after I finish mulching the weeds down I'll turn on the tv and watch y'all.
Well at Christmas my Home Depot knockout Rose bushes were still bursting with pink color. It would get cold for a few days then get warm Christmas was real warm for DC area. Now it has been extra cold for several days.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Kill those mosquitoes while you're out there.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Said we would get a light dusting tonight nothing to do with storm Friday.
More than a dusting and still falling streets and cars are covered in the city.
They have not even put any treatment down this season it's cold so this stuff is sticking.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Clipper system came in late this evening about half inch to inch.
Late night news is showing cars busses out in traffic jams this time of night 11PM roads closed. No treatment had been put down for this stuff or this season and it is cold. The Mayor said 50 treatment trucks were out people are pissed & complaining then they said another 100 trucks were out. Nobody was thinking about this little clipper and it caught them. The Mayor tried to blame weather forecasters. City bragging on new snow removal trucks some new Ford F-550s for smaller residential streets like mine.
They said they called this evenings forecast correct.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Less than an inch of snow yesterday evening and people stuck in cars overnight. Last nights traffic mess has run into this mourning rush hour.
People from last night a mad as that weather man says wait until sun comes up and a few hours things will be better. DC can't handle less than an inch and Blizzard on the way Friday. See this is what I have been saying here over the years DC Maryland Virginia metro areas can do okay but it was fault of local gov. Last night was really the first time it snowed got a little at late rush hour and it lasted longer than expected. So it's been cold a few days what fell stuck.
No winter treatment has been put down on streets/roads this year.
Abandon cars from last night all over the place schools closed or delayed.
I bet the Mayor will blame the weather people again then other winter cities laugh at our region.
But your areas can put down treatment cold temps pretty much your going to get snow. It's not like that here they were gearing up for Friday big snow little baby last night cripple them. So they screwed up badly by not pre treating streets that were completely dry until 5PM rush hour. At that time could not get trucks in rush hour. So what fell 0.7 inches stuck on untreated roads/streets.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see that FTM1, watching the weather channel now. DC mayor is on there saying sorry and declaring a national emergency?
I just got up, having my first coffee and I'm like wtf??......lol.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Unlike other areas you really can't pretreat to soon and yesterday was clear and dry but cold. Today they will start pretreating but need to wait until temps get above 32 degrees for brine/beet juice mix then salt. The brine stuff is good for 72hours they say so that would be Sunday early when expected to stop snowing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts