Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

So how many times have you had the transmission replaced/rebuilt?

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  IanRTL 
#1 ·
I'm up to two... original owner, 2006 RTL.
Rebuilt the first time at 125K for $3300, due to the strawberry milkshake of death.

And just rebuilt again at 251K for $4500, due to an internal failure.

Let's hope nothing else major goes wrong for at least 12 months! :/

#3 · (Edited)
Honda replaced my trans under warranty at 56k miles due to a whine in top gear since new. 120k miles on it now.

Reactions: Pleease
#5 ·
Zero times 2012 67k miles. As I understand from Scotty Kilmer channel, there aren't many good mechanics that can rebuild transmissions.

#6 ·
SKilmer lost a lot of credibility around here when he basically trashed the Ridgeline with a lot of baseless criticisms. Now if he was right, that's one thing. And while I don't recall the particulars, I do recall he was way off base with his criticisms.

#13 ·
I have to ask how far you plan to drive your Ridgeline? Aiming for 1 million miles? Sounds like you are well on the way and with a solid base to do it.

Reactions: 2dogs1cat
#15 ·
176k miles with original everything. I have done many drains and fills of the trans fluid over the years with one round of multiple D&F's to change over to DW-1 fluid from the factory Z1. Still running on factory suspension, original front brake rotors (changing those soon), and all original pumps. I do currently have a small oil leak from the pan gasket, but that's really the only "issue" I've had with it. I need to have my airbags replaced AGAIN, so I'll likely have the dealership reseal the pan at the same time. I could do it myself, but I don't have a lift and I'm not doing it on jack stands.

As far as the Scotty Kilmer guy, he's incredibly annoying and has absolutely NO credibility at all. His claims and "advice" are all completely biased and related to his own unfounded opinions. Every time I see one of his videos pop up on YouTube, I cringe because I know something stupid is going to come out of his mouth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.