Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took nearly three months, but a Florida dealer finally received a Gray AWD RT. Local dealers had refused to budge much from MSRP despite not having the truck. Johnson Honda in Stuart, FL agreed to my offer via email if I could purchase the truck that day or the next.

170 mile road trip and whoo-hoo. Completely drama free exp. (man I hate the new car smell though)

Handling is clearly my favorite thing about this truck. After four Toyota pickups I was a bit concerned about migrating to the Honda camp. Now I can't wait to get the Tacoma sold.

Crappy pictures:

· Registered
926 Posts
Congrats. I really think that is my favorite color.

On your photobucket account use the share box to the right of your pictures. copy the one that says IMG for forums and past that in your post.

· Registered
179 Posts
congrats. what year Tacoma you have you are selling. Comfort and ride is night and day between them.

· Registered
926 Posts
Definitely composite resin smell and not tire rubber. It will go away in due time.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reminds me, I'm gonna open the trunk overnight again.

Thanx for the help on the photos!

'98 Tacoma 2wd ext cab. Yeah, it feels like a tractor in comparison, but I'm sure it will be super reliable for someone.

Pleasantly surprised after some tweaking the lower level stereo seems fine. Speakers are breaking in. Got the treble down two notches, bass up two and the subwoofer maxed. Might consider a more efficient sub speaker. Navigating a 128 GB thumb drive is pretty easy, even though I mostly keep it on shuffle.

Got a tonneau and trailer hitch coming. I'd like to find a low profile aftermarket roof rack/crossbars for a canoe.

· Registered
573 Posts
Nice! Was wondering what the RT wheels looked like...I usually only see a couple RT's for sale in a Cars.com search of local dealers.
I think the sound system is basically the same in my RTL, and it sounds pretty darn good for a more basic stock system. Might just keep it stock for the next ten years...maybe change out the head unit for a touch screen/CarPlay radio after the bumper to bumper warranty is up.

· Registered
380 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Nice catch. Still trying to get a RTL-E in Blue here in SW FL. Been waiting since September, no joke. AWD models being sent up north only is the word I'm told by Honda dealers. But I'm a buyer too, so who cares where it's going.

· Registered
276 Posts
Nice catch. Still trying to get a RTL-E in Blue here in SW FL. Been waiting since September, no joke. AWD models being sent up north only is the word I'm told by Honda dealers. But I'm a buyer too, so who cares where it's going.
Check with Rick Case Honda in Davie, they show and RTL-E in Blue in stock.

· Registered
183 Posts
Congrats. I really think that is my favorite color.

On your photobucket account use the share box to the right of your pictures. copy the one that says IMG for forums and past that in your post.

:wink:Nice lookin truck, Congrats!
OBTW, I think that's a great color for the RT, ... really makes those nice wheels look sharp! :smile:

· Registered
49 Posts
Thanks again for your suggestion. Funny, but it was after I called Rick Case Honda about that particular RTL-E, and got the " run-a-round" that I posted the original comment. They did not know what the status was, even though I told them I'd drive back to Miami to pick it up today, cash deal, I'd be there in 2 hours. I had just came from Miami after a cruise yesterday, and noticed that huge dealer there.

They finally called me back, and were unable to find this truck, not sure what happened to it? He thought maybe it was sold? What a crock. If you advertise a truck, especially a top dollar $42K truck, most expensive Honda product, and don't know where it is, or what happened to it, you must be too large of a dealer, or just incompetent. I was not too happy with the interaction today.

Back to the drawing board waiting for Honda Rep. from another dealer to figure out how to get one. They will not accept a deposit to order one, as Honda refuses it. This is infuriating to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.