·
Registered
566 Posts
My Honda CR-V with 26k miles on it

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
606 Posts
My rock solid 03 Element with 180k on it. Will miss my 5spd though.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
My 2003 Dodge Dakota 4X4 with 96,000 mi on it. Can't find any other vehicle that will suit my needs as well as the new Ridgeline will!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
2015 VW Golf-R with 18,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything you don't like about it? DSG or 6MT?

2016 WRX. But it won't be until next year. Waiting a year and will buy the 2018 RL.
Same questions. CVT or 6MT? Former STi owner (GR) and would be again but they decided to nix the hatch. I just drove a '16 WRX 6MT again (drove the current model when they first came out 2 years ago). Liked it but after 5250-5500 pointless to keep going up in revs. Felt like a Civic inside for some reason.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anything you don't like about it? DSG or 6MT?

DSG. I like everything about it except it's just too small for my needs. It handles incredibly well and with 290hp has more than enough power to satisfy my need for speed but I just need something bigger and not so low to the ground. But I've enjoyed the 15 months I've owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
wife's 2007 kia sorento (100k miles)...and will keep my 2010 RTL currently under 70k miles for a couple of years...then trade it in for a new Pilot or CRV...

·
Registered
30 Posts
2009 Tacoma with 104,000 miles. Actually not trading, but selling it to a friend. (who will turn around and sell it and make money!) That's ok with me, he's giving me what I'm asking for it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My **** box 16 Tacoma Limited. (8k miles) Can't happen soon enough. Second worse vehicle purchase decision since 96.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2005 Acura TL 140k Miles. Still love it, but need the additional room for the 3 and 2 year olds.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same questions. CVT or 6MT? Former STi owner (GR) and would be again but they decided to nix the hatch. I just drove a '16 WRX 6MT again (drove the current model when they first came out 2 years ago). Liked it but after 5250-5500 pointless to keep going up in revs. Felt like a Civic inside for some reason.
CVT. My wife is an occasional driver and she can't drive manual. I was expecting to hate it, but Subaru did a great job with the tranny. Even the flappy paddles with the 'shifts' can be great fun. The thing drives like a go cart. Very fun in the bendys.

The reason we're planning to move to a RL:

(1) WRX is okay at hauling a family of 4. Parents in the front, two car seats in the back, a stroller in the trunk, and there isn't much room for anything else.

(2) Turning 38 this year. The WRX suspension is firm, and can be punishing at times. And the road noise - holy cow it's loud! I'll say it as it is, I'm getting old and I like things softer now. I had firm rides before and I thought I could get use to the firm suspension. If I could have a do-over, I probably would have bought the softer Legacy 3.6R. But hey, life is all about the retrospects.

(3) A truck is a very handy tool, especially as a dad living in suburbia. Home Depot runs, hauling the bikes to the trails, camping gear, etc. We're looking at purchasing a small RV trailer in the next few years. But I don't want a truck-truck. I want my vehicle garaged (we get some bitter Prairie winters here). The RL is the perfect car-truck as a daily commuter. I had an X3 before the WRX, and I definitely miss the convenience of having a hatch.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts