Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I lifted a jeep..was paid with a bitchin daytona jack.
Did the A136 service on another ridge.
And almost finished my to do list on my ridge which includes....
Tires
All rear suspension
Front struts and lower arms.
Axles + seals
Timing belt/w pump
Thermostat + coolant
Oil pump reseal
oil pan reseal
Trans service
Diff service
Might do an air filter we'll see.

My ridge has been a little neglected because I had hoped to get a newer one sooner then later but yea... So on may 20th the day I was furloughed from work we confirmed that MRS. S.T.U.V did not just have a food baby..Having a little boy due october!! Went into panic mode working side jobs like crazy and started collecting parts for the ridge to make it a bit safer because the MRS got the new car. 16 Hyundai tucson. POS. But anyways, Wish I took a picture of the huge pile I collected it was funny. So I finally had a free weekend etc and it is nice enough to ride the motorcycle everyday if needed. But here is a few pics I had a few seconds to take. But I almost finished it. Just need to put the passenger suspension/axle together and she will feel like a new ride at 230k.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,736 Posts
Congrats on the baby and I am sorry to hear about your employment.
Lots of work done and you got some skills my friend. I am not that keen on changing my timing belt and though I waited a while to get mine replaced, I believe I will be looking at other options, when the time for the next change is on its way.
Question on the oil stains. Are they from the valve cover, or is the leak from something else?

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
233 Posts
Gave the Granddaughter this:

1985 LTD - Copy.JPG

'85 LTD Crown Victoria, 106K miles, stock except for air lift in the back. I just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. Been in the family since new.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
Man @S.T.U.V Sorry to hear about the job, but congrats on the little one. I've know you can "throw down" when it comes to working on your Ridge, which is good as you push it to the limit in So Cal if not totally...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats on the baby and I am sorry to hear about your employment.
Lots of work done and you got some skills my friend. I am not that keen on changing my timing belt and though I waited a while to get mine replaced, I believe I will be looking at other options, when the time for the next change is on its way.
Question on the oil stains. Are they from the valve cover, or is the leak from something else?
I am back to work now but I hate to say it, I am so glad it happened. I still feel incredibly guilty but I was able to help my parents out a lot and make a substantial amount of money by doing a ton of side jobs at my house, and with unemployment benefits helped a ton with a baby on the way. I tried to convince my wife to let me quit and be a stay at home dad and just work at my house but she was not having it lol.

Im pretty sure that most of the oil was from the crank seal and it being flung everywhere just due to the wetness on the crank sensor etc. But I resealed the oil pump as well because on the backside it was a little wet on top of the famous for leaking bolt (you can see it in the last picture). Which I had already recently sealed.

Gave the Granddaughter this:

'85 LTD Crown Victoria, 106K miles, stock except for air lift in the back. I just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. Been in the family since new.
O that is so cool. My mom used to have the smaller version of this car, the k-cars. Cant remember what it was but I always imagined cruising around in it when I was able to drive.

Man @S.T.U.V Sorry to hear about the job, but congrats on the little one. I've know you can "throw down" when it comes to working on your Ridge, which is good as you push it to the limit in So Cal if not totally...
It all worked out per my post above ^ but Thanks! It will be interesting.

Yea It gets used and abused ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Thank you for sharing the pictures, @S.T.U.V. At first glance, I wondered what type of accessory you added on the frame, but then I noticed it was a magnetic holder for bolts, etc. Glad you are back working and that you were able to help out your folks. Congratulations on the new baby! I will never complain about having to do automotive repair in my small two-car garage.

Reactions: S.T.U.V and Carsmak

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for sharing the pictures, @S.T.U.V. At first glance, I wondered what type of accessory you added on the frame, but then I noticed it was a magnetic holder for bolts, etc. Glad you are back working and that you were able to help out your folks. Congratulations on the new baby! I will never complain about having to do automotive repair in my small two-car garage.
Yep. They are handy for the small bolts etc that tend to disappear easily. Those dang 10mm. Thanks!! O I dream of having a garage. Someday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts