Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is what is folks like about the Ridgeline?
I have a Civic in the drive now, mainly the Mrs's car, but I drove it to California, Denver, and all over Arizona. I know a number of people with CR-V's including both my brother and sister, who when I visit let me drive the while they go to work, and I myself had an Accord a number of years back which took me coast to coast on vacations. So why am I holding up new purchast to wait for the Ridgeline?
Seats 5, has every option I was looking for as standard equipment, Automatic ( for wife and Daughter), 4 WD, V6( I don't need an 8, but want better than a 4), and most of all THE FEATURE, after looking looking at a number of small trucks, it is the only one with 49.5" between the wheel wells. Why is this a feature, because drywall, plywood, and ridgid foam all come in 48" - 49" widths, so why id Honda the only company to take this info and run with it?
I can't wait, nao to have to lift 80lbs sheet of MDF to roof, or have insulation, get cut in half by the wind coming over the windshield.
Working around the house will become fun, when everything
A) fits in the bed,
B) does not need to be lifted 5' in the air.

Thats the part that has me excited, what about the rest of you?

Robert

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too have driven many Hondas over the years. Civics, Accords, Integras and even a CRV. Only twice have I been stranded by one of my Hondas in about 13 years. So for me reliability and durability are important. Right now I have an Element, which I still love. But I need at least 5 seats and want to carry cargo and my family at the same time (I have 2 kids). So something with four doors and a decent cargo area is what I want. Oh yeah, and drives like a car. Also something with more power, the four in the Element is fine but the AWD saps a lot of power.
What I dont need is hard core off-roading, horrible fuel economy or a hard to park vehicle. Which for me eliminates all the full size pickups. I also want something that has some style. This eliminates many SUV's, while most are not ugly they look like tall wagons IMHO.
So why the Ridgeline? I have looked at the Frontier and Tacoma and both are fine midesize trucks. Good towing, decent gas mileage and look good. Both are also quality vehicles. But both drive like trucks. OK, I havent driven the Ridgeline yet so I cant say how it drives for sure. But if it is like all the other Hondas, it should be fun to drive. Plus it looks different then most other pick-ups, although the Avalanche is similar.
So the Ridgeline seats 5, has decent gas mileage, looks great, will carry cargo and my family and will be fun to to drive. Plus there is something about it that I can not explain. Something that jus makes me smile, just like my Element and Intregra...

Sorry long post! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I currently drive a Civic and have been (as my wife says) been in the market for a truck for 4 years :confused: . I plan to check out the '05 Frontier after the Ridgeline comes out. Here's what I like:
1. AWD--our Liberty has part time and we hardly ever use it so in effect we're paying for equipment and weight for no real benefit.
2. Honda brand--what can I say, I like Hondas and anything they make.
3. Powerful V6 that drinks regular gas.
4. Best safety features standard.
5. Towing equipment standard.
6. Better gas mileage for a similar V6.
The only disadvantage I see right now is the price range but then again, that's the territory.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I used to own a Toyota Tundra and really loved having a truck. My immediate family loved it too because they could call on me to haul stuff for them! I traded the truck for an Infiniti FX45 when we had our 1st child. Once my wife got pregnant with #2 I realized that the FX would not be adequate for 2 kids and all of the gear. So enters into this tale my first Honda: a sage brush '05 Odyssey Touring. It has been excellent.

I have been dying to get back into the truck market and have been looking at the Frontier's for the past few years. If I got a truck, like most of the above posters, I need at least 4 passenger ability and a functional bed. I was watching the Avalanche with great interest before its launch but I did not like the final product. Way to big to fit into the garage!

The Ridgeline offers creature comforts to keep the kids and family comfortable as well as having truck utility. I don't need a V8 nor do I need hard core offroading ability. I got spoiled by the AWD in my FX and was pleased to see that the Ridgeline will have this feature. Basically, all of the reasons already stated by previous posters are the same reasons that I am giving the Ridgeline a good look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts