Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all what about a Socal meet in Jan? I'm sure we can plan a bigger meet than ROC @ the ROCK. Let hear your Ideas. I'm flexible and will drive anywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
We are there! I know the majority of owners don't offroad so we are game for wherever everyone else wants to meet.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How 'bout a beach meet. In January the parking lots should be fairly clear, but you know the weather will probably still be just fine. If we choose a beach with fire pits, it can be an 'extended day' event for those who don't mind hanging around for late afternoon or evening loitering. It would be great to get a group RL photo with the Pacific sunset in the background!
Maybe Doheny at Dana Point, or San Onofre below San Clemente (sp? again) state beach??? Dohene has ample parking and some nice grassy park areas immediately adjacent to the beach as well if we wanted to do outdoor grilling, etc. There are some really great locations farther south (Cardiff, Torrey Pines), but some don't have as large of parking areas - and wouldn't be as convenient for OC or LA folks.

Anyway, just some ideas - I'm up for anything that is decided.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you guys should check out the oceano dunes state vehicular park.

it's up at pismo beach and is a great halfway point for nor. cal/so. cal people...

...i took my element out there and got stuck in the dunes 2 years ago... but it was fun!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
bonerep said:
Okay all what about a Socal meet in Jan? I'm sure we can plan a bigger meet than ROC @ the ROCK. Let hear your Ideas. I'm flexible and will drive anywhere.
Hi bonerep, I had discussed an idea with 5S Dude in an earlier SoCal Meet thread. Go check out that thread and tell us what you think? ;) A copy of the thread is below...

Because we stretch from deep into San Diego, the O.C. to The San Fernando Valley, We probably should meet in the center then caravan to a lunch spot, cruise the opposite direction, then go from there!

We can make it more structured if you wanted too. Drive lets say up the coast to Santa Maria for a movie and Santa Maria style barbecue in Guadalupe! If you have never had it, You are surely missing out!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would be TOTALLY interested in a 'mid-way' meet-as we are from NorCal. The Santa Maria/Pismo sounds great, PLUS there is some great wineries around for the next day (if anyone cares). McClintocks is a WONDERFUL steak place (in Pismo as well as SLO (San Luis Obisbo). We love this area. Morro Bay is another nice beachy area.
Please keep us all posted via this thread.
Maybe someone would be willing to check the Farmers Alamac...to see if rain may spoil the occasion. I would be willing to do this if no one else...just name location. The Alamac is usually 90% dead on.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Bonerep, speaking from experience of putting a meet together and seeing previous posts, I would recommend this:

Set a time and place. Period. With as many RL owners there will be as many suggestions. He (or she) that takes the lead and initiative will get the ball rolling, not just 'talk' about it. Then everyone knows where and if someone else wants to put a meet together at their favorite place, they can do one as well.

With enough notice and knowing where/when, I may be interested in coming out from AZ and might entice another ROC member to come for the weekend.

So, look forward to knowing where and when...;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd be interested in coming, just need to know when and where.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm telling ya...

you guys should just come and hang out with your EOC brothers!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't make it Dec. 17th, but January is possible...

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Sheniferous said:
i'm telling ya...

you guys should just come and hang out with your EOC brothers!

Man! Sheniferous it sure sounds like fun seeing all the Elements lined up but I've gotta work! Toobuku has told me he's gonna make it though. Post lots of photos for those of us working stiffs.....Thanks!:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts