Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through all of the posts on tonneau covers I could find, and still haven't found a definitive answer to my question.

Is there a soft tonneau cover that is quiet in the wind / on the highway?

One of the main reasons I bought my Ridgeline was how quiet it is cruising down the road, something I'm not willing to give up. I was planning on purchasing an Access cover or maybe a Truxedo, but I have heard a few complaints of wind noise with those covers. That led me to consider an Extang Trifecta or Torza Top. Seems like I remeber a few negative comments on the Extang, but can't put my finger on it right now. That has me pretty much down to the Torza. Can't seem to find to many complaints on the Torza Tops in the forums.

So.... are there any owners of the above mentioned covers, especially Torza Top, that can comment on there general impressions of the cover and specifically noise traveling down the road?

My general requirements for a cover are; quiet, relatively inexpensive, mostly waterproof, allow full use of bed fairly easily (within a few minutes, no tools required)

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I've read through all of the posts on tonneau covers I could find, and still haven't found a definitive answer to my question.

Is there a soft tonneau cover that is quiet in the wind / on the highway?

One of the main reasons I bought my Ridgeline was how quiet it is cruising down the road, something I'm not willing to give up. I was planning on purchasing an Access cover or maybe a Truxedo, but I have heard a few complaints of wind noise with those covers. That led me to consider an Extang Trifecta or Torza Top. Seems like I remeber a few negative comments on the Extang, but can't put my finger on it right now. That has me pretty much down to the Torza. Can't seem to find to many complaints on the Torza Tops in the forums.

So.... are there any owners of the above mentioned covers, especially Torza Top, that can comment on there general impressions of the cover and specifically noise traveling down the road?

My general requirements for a cover are; quiet, relatively inexpensive, mostly waterproof, allow full use of bed fairly easily (within a few minutes, no tools required)
I'm interested in the Torza myself, when I get my RL...I recall someone mentioned some occasional flutter on a windy day, not really noticeable with the back window closed. About the most negative comment I've read. It seems we have similar requirements which is what has me centering on the Torza. Seems to be a good value top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.