Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Blue Obsidian
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, where to begin...

I held off ordering my Softopper (and tent) until I had delivery of my 21 Ridgeline, which I ordered months ago. Once I had it, one of my first purchases was the top/tent. I was crushed to see a 3-5 week delay, but again, its the world we're in these days. The reason for my concern is that over the next several weeks, I have a camping trip in the Appalachians, a festival in the middle of the country (OneWheel Floatlife fest), and then a road trip/camping up in Maine. I could get by on all these without a topper, which is what was my contingency plan.

I received an email stating the tent would ship right away, but i knew this would do me no good without the top, oh well.

Today, I got an email saying my tent was arriving FedX. When I got home, BAM!, there were three boxes -- my topper and tent. An hour or so later, it all installed and looking good, I'll try out the tent this weekend to see how well it works for me.

I'm thrilled with the product and the company. Thanks Softopper!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
407 Posts
That looks good. I like the idea of the soft topper. I thought about getting one myself. However, everyone I've seen on a truck on the road the back window is not in good shape. Most of the ones I've seen the plastic window looks Sun damaged. I wish they made one with something more durable for the window.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Blue Obsidian
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...However, everyone I've seen on a truck on the road the back window is not in good shape. Most of the ones I've seen the plastic window looks Sun damaged. I wish they made one with something more durable for the window.
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that as well. I don't intent to keep the top on during daily use, just trips and such. The back window zips out, and can be replaced. I just like the extra functionality when needed, and quick removal when not.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that as well. I don't intent to keep the top on during daily use, just trips and such. The back window zips out, and can be replaced. I just like the extra functionality when needed, and quick removal when not.
Rear windows seem to be good for 3.5 yrs here in the NE- good enough in my book and easily replaceable. I love the utility of mine, prolly my favorite upgrade among the many, many upgrades on my 2017.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the softopper videos i've seen say to put the front flap " in the gap between the cab and the bed", which the ridgeline obviously doesn't have. I guess you've adapted by velcroing to the top instead? and then velcroing inside of the front of the bed as well? seems like we're at risk of water issues more than other trucks with this- have you noticed anything?

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Blue Obsidian
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the softopper videos i've seen say to put the front flap " in the gap between the cab and the bed", which the ridgeline obviously doesn't have. I guess you've adapted by velcroing to the top instead? and then velcroing inside of the front of the bed as well? seems like we're at risk of water issues more than other trucks with this- have you noticed anything?
Nope. The front cross bar has snaps along the front and a rubber seal on the bottom. The front flap just snaps along the front, and velcro flaps that connect it to each side. Recently got back from a 2.4Kmi round trip, and it worked flawlessly. There were no leaks that I could find, even after driving in a lot of solid rain. Yesterday, I took the top off, leaving the rails, which took all of 5 minutes. Still loving my Softopper. Cheers

[edit added photo for @pgb5534 ]
Hood Blue Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts