Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to say thanks to all those that contributed to this forum over the 6 years I had my RL. Great site and great people!

I traded it in and got something else (nothing like my RL), I think mainly do to the fact I was driving around in brand new rentals and they spoiled me. Got back in the RL and it just didn't feel right anymore.

I will be back, I do have intentions of owner another. Probably another 1st Gen though. We'll see...

Take care and good luck to all!

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, whatever it maybe!

PS: I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to know what it is. Maybe even a pic. ;)

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
I think we're going to be reading a lot of these stories. In my case, "the recall" ultimately accelerated the departure of my Ridgeline - this time it happened to be for a CR-V so Honda kept me as a customer for now. Had it not been for the recall, I would have either kept driving my G1 (highly unlikely), bought a G2 (even less likely), or traded for a non-Honda vehicle (likely).

There is definitely change in the air around here since the announcement of the G2 and the untimely and unfortunately airbag recall. I get the general sense that at least the slight majority of us current/former G1 owners have been disappointed in what we've seen, read, and heard about the G2 so far. Honda's putting people in non-Honda rentals will no doubt lose some customers as they realize the grass on the other side may actually be greener.

Years ago, I was in a similar place with RegalGS.org when I had my Buick. It was a good forum for '97-'04 Regal owners. When the next-generation Regal appeared in '05 as the LaCrosse and the Regal name later returned for a smaller vehicle, the forum just went downhill from there. The LaCrosse and smaller Regal just didn't have the same level of interest. A popular forum for many years, the former RegalGS.org wound down over time after the original vehicle on which is was focused lost its lifeblood. Years later, an all-new RegalGS.org came along, but it didn't carry the old posts with it. It's little more than a placeholder now.

I sense the same thing happening around here. The G1 Ridgeline was a unique vehicle that brought together a strong following of owners - some equally as unique as the vehicle itself. While the G2 (assuming it even hangs around for very long) will no doubt be a nice vehicle for tens or hundreds of thousands of buyers, it just doesn't offer the same attitude and capability as the original. The tides are turning as Honda releases an all-new Ridgeline and many of us who have learned and enjoyed so much here over the years pass the baton to newer members to learn about and discuss a different flavor of Ridgeline.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new purchase, whatever it maybe!

PS: I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to know what it is. Maybe even a pic. ;)

For inquiring minds :

Total other end of the spectrum.

Still love Honda, have the new Pilot. Just needed a change.

They sold my Ridgeline within three days. Truck was dialed in. I hope the person ends up on here.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah, I'd say that's the opposite end of the spectrum. Bad. Ass.

· Registered
307 Posts
I think we're going to be reading a lot of these stories. In my case, "the recall" ultimately accelerated the departure of my Ridgeline - this time it happened to be for a CR-V so Honda kept me as a customer for now. Had it not been for the recall, I would have either kept driving my G1 (highly unlikely), bought a G2 (even less likely), or traded for a non-Honda vehicle (likely).
It's been about 2 weeks since I parked my Ridge and I am driving a new CR-V, which is nice.

I briefly considered parting ways with my Ridgeline, but I like that I do not have any monthly auto payments. I guess if Honda gave me a better than normal trade-in value, I might consider it again.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are you enjoying the Panamera?

Actually on the short list of things I may replace the RL with, in a few years...

Great vehicle, I love it! Everything just kind of worked out with the car becoming available in the color I wanted and a price I couldn't resist. And everything going on with the recall.

It doesn't have the hidden trunk compartment like the RL but huge hatch area with and without the rear seats folded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.