Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't find "Bondo 800 Restore Black" ANYWHERE... I went with "Solution Finish - Black" (stupid name) from Amazon.com. I bought the kit, just because. If you have a spare microfiber wrapped sponge and a clean microfiber rag, you could probably just get the 1 oz. bottle. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I probably did the top rails, tailgate top, and tailgate panel with less than a cap full. I am confident I will have more than enough for the bumper, wheel splash guards, windshield wiper area, and rest of the bed. We are in the midst of monsoon season, so I'll see how it lasts.

So far, it looks pretty nice!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,148 Posts
That product seems to work well, as least initially. Nice job and find, since we can no longer get the Bondo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a little rain today. Doesn't seem to have caused any issues. I think I see a few finger prints on the tailgate cap I will have to go over again. Also, the kit includes 5 or 6 latex gloves. You will definitely want to use them. There was nothing streaking down the side of my truck due to the rain, so that's a plus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I finally got around to doing the bed panels. Unfortunately I missed that stupid alternate spare tire clip, so that's a $1 part and $10 shipping mistake :crying:I get to fix. Getting the side panels out seemed impossible without removing the trunk lid, so I just did them loose and in place. I still need to treat the bottom seam around the wheel well. I still have half a bottle left, which will be more than enough for the side mirror trim, mud guards, upper rear window trim, and the windshield wiper area. I also did the rear bumper, but I dont have a "before" shot of that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,810 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts