Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Did they race with two diffrent trucks? The i=one in the first picture shows a white '09 with the number 779 on it but then we see the second pic an '08 with out the light bar across the top and it was still sporting the 779 number. Great pics by the way! My desk top is of the Red 05 Baja next to a Stock Silver

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes they did, the 08 was used in the PRIMM 300 with out light bar and with the light bar for the BAJA 500. the 09 was used for the BAJA 1000.:cool:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Thanks for the great pics!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they did, the 08 was used in the PRIMM 300 with out light bar and with the light bar for the BAJA 500. the 09 was used for the BAJA 1000.:cool:
I know that is the story, but in all honesty until I see the two trucks next to each other I dont believe it.

Why go to all the trouble of building a second in the first place. Structurally they are the same, and to go to the hassle of stripping the 06 down completely and repainting it from the frame up just to run a couple of races while building an identical truck too.

Not to mention that the truck underneath looks hammered like it's seen a few seasons of racing.

And I know from working on team cars, you always try to improve it the second time around but nothing has changed, ooopps including the 06 tailights and bumpers still on the 09.

The most important changes to the 09 being the driveline are easy enough to change without building a whole new truck, and thats not to say it's a 09 engine in there either from what I know of the engine they were working with it would be better.

Well if I'm wrong I look forward to seeing them together at the open house anyway :)

Not to take anything away from the awesomeness of the baja ridgeline though and I'll try to digg up some more photos if I get the chance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Some 2008 Baja ridgeline photos

If i am wrong hopefully Ridgeline Racing can correct, my understanding was the 09 was on the SEMA tour and not available to race until the BAJA 1000.

·
Super Moderator
8,121 Posts
Why does the Ridgeline Racing Ridgeline were two different numbers (778 and 779)? I see 779 and 778 on both red and white Baja trucks?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Why does the Ridgeline Racing Ridgeline were two different numbers (778 and 779)? I see 779 and 778 on both red and white Baja trucks?
looking at the pics it looks like both men have there own number and depending on whose driving is which number is on the truck

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Fantastic photos

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Thanks for posting Alexander! Great action shots.

Gavin’s next race could be a good meet & greets spot for all the California off-road enthusiasts.

Hope to see you in Doheny Beach in March!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts