Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I’m just going thru the 436 photos we took at the SEMA show and thought you guys would like to see some of the things we saw. Here are three of my favorite engines at the show.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Doc, I didn't mean to include that one. I stuck it into the wrong directory by mistake!! My kid brother blew the trans on his Ranger and is getting a Titan. He was beating me up about my "Little V6" Ridgeline so I machined a "Little" cover for the 3.5 logo and stuck it on my Ridge! actually, after the drive home from the SEMA show he was very shocked just how much power it really has on the open road. 21.27mpg @ 70/75mph on the way up and 18.64mpg @ 90/105mph on the way home. He was also taken back by the really smooth ride too. I may convert him yet!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DoctorJ said:
I wondered if you had done that. Do you have a CNC machine at your house or own your own business with one?
Hi Doc, I'm a CNC programmer by day working for a large medical device manufacturer. To make a long story longer; My Dad had a Tool & Die shop for 42 years in Orange County and has since retired to a horse ranch in Riverside. We shoveled all of the horse poop from the back yard and planted a 5200sq ft machine shop next to the horse corrals and stuck a 65kw diesel generator/air compressor inside the horse stable. The new shop is now fully operational with power shear, power brake, 50ton iron worker, Heliarc, Arc, Stick & gas welding machines, plasma cutting, tube bending, EDM, Surface grinding, CNC and manual milling/turning machines and 50yrs of him collecting Hot-Rod parts! Needless to say, it’s really crowded in there. I machine pre-production proto-type parts as a side business. Remember the billet door sill project? I’m still working to reduce the machine cycle time so I can sell um at my target price… Hope you get a new truck soon!

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts