Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda done reading about what people don't like about the new ridgeline. So let's keep this thread positive and talk about what we like about it. :act035:

For starters I'm stoked for the updated electronics, Bluetooth phone and music.
I also am excited to see a bigger trunk! When I sold my ridgeline for a tundra crewmax I lost a ton of storage, had to get a truck box or a bed cover to hold my daily tools and first aid gear which made the bed smaller than the ridgeline! Totally diggin that they kept the back seats the same. I hauled everything from huge birthday cakes to lawnmowers in the back seat.

What are you guys excited about?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Reliability wise
Proven Engine and Transmission. All kinks fixed no oil burning or gear hunting.
I drive Acura TL 09 and I had every big brand before it. Super satisfied and have no plans to give it up. Best handling no lexus Bmw etc can match shawd pleasure. Zero issues 137k on it

MPG
Car like ride
Looks of Pilot ya I was expecting better but I can do some mods later to compensate it

Only disappointment I have is the Towing
If it was 6000Lbs I guess Most of us will be happy

I wish they had given it 6k towing then no other truck could beat it. I have to look for ultralite camper.
I will be buying Black Edition

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll give it some love, as I like it's looks inside & out. As been said, I like the new tech goodies. The gauge cluster is pretty cool too. I wish this was out a few years ago, I'd probably have one. My only hope is that they offer a broader color palette. I'd like to see it offered in Opal Sage Met. or a Met. copper/orange.(are you listening Honda) :act035: Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I actually like the way it looks. A lot. It will have a ride/drive that is completely unmatched in a truck segment (as did G1). I had so much love for my old RL and this one should be improved in almost every way related to comfort, ride, efficiency, noise levels, technology, etc.

To those who say "it's not a real truck" - I had my 09 for 5 years... In that time there were two times that it could not do what I needed it to.. But neither would any 1/2 ton, good thing I have friends with the 1 ton Duramax / 1 ton Cummins trucks available to help a brother out. I regularly towed over 4500lbs with my RL with no issue whatsoever.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
I like that I now will have plenty of room to put my purse in the center console. I also am a messy person and I like that I will now forced to put all my other stuff in there too since there is no longer a storage shelf above the glove box or center console.

I also have a drinking problem and it was good thinking by Honda that there is no longer a place to put a six pack on the floor in front of the console. It was too easy in the GenI to grab a brew while I was driving.

For those of us who also own a 16 Pilot (or Odyessy for that matter), its great that once we sit inside the new Ridge, we won't have to make any mental adjustments since it is exactly the same interior. I just plan on making mental note as to what vehicle I am driving before and after I am inside it so that I know whether or not its 7 people I can carry or a pallet of mulch. I guess I will have to look at the back of the vehicle though since it is a bit hard to tell from the front . . .
:act035:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I like that I now will have plenty of room to put my purse in the center console. I also am a messy person and I like that I will now forced to put all my other stuff in there too since there is no longer a storage shelf above the glove box or center console.

I also have a drinking problem and it was good thinking by Honda that there is no longer a place to put a six pack on the floor in front of the console. It was too easy in the GenI to grab a brew while I was driving.

For those of us who also own a 16 Pilot (or Odyessy for that matter), its great that once we sit inside the new Ridge, we won't have to make any mental adjustments since it is exactly the same interior. I just plan on making mental note as to what vehicle I am driving before and after I am inside it so that I know whether or not its 7 people I can carry or a pallet of mulch. I guess I will have to look at the back of the vehicle though since it is a bit hard to tell from the front . . .
As one who spends about 6 hour in my RTL every day, I appreciate that the new ones will be more "up to date" and more fun to drive. Looking forward to the new ones..

·
Registered
744 Posts

So you're saying you carry a purse?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love my 2013, and I can guarantee that I will love my 2018.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Fixed it for ya :act035:

I like that I now will have plenty of room to put my things in the center console, securely out of the way AND somewhere to set my Mc Donald's lunch. I also am a messy person and I like that the glove box is large to hide all my junk, and since there is no longer a storage shelf above the glove box or center console, it will be much easier to keep my truck clean and less embarrassing when a colleague jumps in for a quick errand or lunch date.

I also have a drinking problem and it was good thinking by Honda that there is no longer a place to put a six pack on the floor in front of the console, and I'll put that in the trunk where it belongs - out of reach while driving. It was too easy in the GenI to grab a brew while I was driving.

For those of us who also own a 16 Pilot (or Odyessy for that matter), its great that once we sit inside the new Ridge, we won't have to make any mental adjustments since it is exactly the same classy, up to date and connected interior.

Since I'm no longer drinking and driving, I won't need to make a mental note as to what vehicle I am driving before and after I am inside it so that I know whether or not its 7 people I can carry or a pallet of mulch.
It will now be obvious without having to look at the back of the vehicle

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I will give it love the looks are about what I expected seeing later spy photos. Actual looks gave me a little shock mostly comparing with old model.
Overall looks are acceptable to me would like to see in person for final judgment. Even a actual look would not change my acceptable view of Next Gen Ridgeline. If I was okay with looks of 1st Gen Ridgeline I am perfectly fine with 2nd Gen. The increase wider/longer bed works for me as it was somethings hauled at times I wished then bed was a bit wider/ longer in 1st Gen. The in-bed trunk probably my favorite feature of the Ridgeline has been reconfigured. I don't know if it lost or gained any space by the change.
The 64Quart cooler can fit in trunk don't know how much extra space is left over to pack stuff around it.
The ground clearance and underbody I am no expert in this so will hold judgement if it effects normal driving. This would be like deep snow bottom scraping little off road abilities. I am pleased to get i-VTM4 AWD SYSTEM
with many other improvements to bring this vehicle up to date.
The interior is Honda so things are in place in this vehicle.
Ridgeline is an SUT Sport Utility Pickup Truck this is what it is and always has been. It can do things like a traditional pickup truck and also do things like traditional passenger SUV MDX/Pilot. This vehicle gets plenty of bashing/hatred for the capability to do this. This is some weird kind of thinking stuff to me. The interior was updated things like light headlight switches are in normal place. We get a Telescoping steering wheel for better individual adjustment. This was something that was long lacking over the years because it was not redesign until now. Some people wanted larger knobs for thing but this is not a true work truck. I am sure it will ride very well. I think Honda did what they had to do just listen and watch some of the you tube test of 1st Gen from sources like Everyman & Everywoman Driver.
I remember them very well still don't understand why some guys here are hating if a woman drives or likes this truck. Do you think Honda gives a crap if 50,000 women or 50,000 men buy the Ridgeline. I am sure they will like the women more if they do. This is something some here got to get over is the pickup truck some kind off man thing only. I purchased Accord women buy them as well. My aunt back in the day had a several Pontiac Trans Am.
She has a Dodge Dakota pickup truck as her daily driver but owns other vehicles in the family. Guys got to get over this crazy stuff purse holder referring to sliding door in center console. You can put whatever you want there like fast food bag. I am not happy with fold down arm rest but seems like regular armrest would interfere with purse holder tray/door usage. I will reverse & hold my judgement on this to see if armrest stand up.
Will need to see specs on interior volume seating hip leg room type stuff to compare with 1st Gen. But back to Everywoman Test Drive with Everyman they each said they like to see what Honda would do with redesign. She said if updated could be very good vehicle woman could like. Guy basically said same of the usefulness of this vehicle if redesign.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Honda is riding on an old reputation and nothing else except not investing in the real effort to design a true follow on to the original Gen 1 Ridgeline. It's sad Honda decided to prove all of the naysayers out there that the Ridgeline was nothing but an SUV with a bed absolutely correct with the Gen 2 Ridgeline. ANYBODY with experience in a truck knows the driver will eventually drive while wearing gloves. Try adjusting the volume on the touch screen with gloves on. Hell, try operating the tiny ass buttons with gloves on. The gen 2 Ridgeline strikes me as a half-assed effort to follow up a really good design with a **** design to kill the product. Sorry Honda, I do not think I will be spending my money on this as all you did was turn an Ody into a Piolt and a Pilot into a trucklet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm just glad they made it! Sure it shares a lot of items with the Pilot both cosmetically and mechanically. However, to me that is a little of a blessing in disguise as the Ridgeline should be getting updates as the Pilot does, instead of soldering on for 10 years with little to no changes.

While the passenger side storage bin has been removed, there sure seems like there is a lot of extra storage space in both doors as compared to the Gen 1.

The i-VTM4 systems is far superior to the old VTM4 system.

More power, better gas mileage.

Retaining the in-bed trunk and making the trunk larger.

Larger bed length and width.

Looks more like a truck (better for sales). Also may actually be able to load/unload cargo from the side of the truck unlike most others that sit up higher and have deeper beds.

If they at least maintain the current ground clearance, I think Honda has generally given the public what they asked for mechanically. Cosmetically, that depends on who you talk to. I like it :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honda is riding on an old reputation and nothing else except not investing in the real effort to design a true follow on to the original Gen 1 Ridgeline. It's sad Honda decided to prove all of the naysayers out there that the Ridgeline was nothing but an SUV with a bed absolutely correct with the Gen 2 Ridgeline. ANYBODY with experience in a truck knows the driver will eventually drive while wearing gloves. Try adjusting the volume on the touch screen with gloves on. Hell, try operating the tiny ass buttons with gloves on. The gen 2 Ridgeline strikes me as a half-assed effort to follow up a really good design with a **** design to kill the product. Sorry Honda, I do not think I will be spending my money on this as all you did was turn an Ody into a Piolt and a Pilot into a trucklet.
Wrong thread my friend..

Let's keep it positive on this one. I stopped by the honda dealer today and sat in a new pilot AWD to get a feel for the ridgeline. I liked the indexable seat mounted arm rest. It was super comfy and didn't require a gangester lean on my end. The top of the console looks like it could hold the wife's purse just fine and I dug the big door mounted arm rest and door pull, I could easy throw/set my phone, keys Ext in there. I also liked the steering wheel controls, they seemed to be on par with all the new cars. I sat in the back seat for a bit but I'm not sure how well it resembles the Ridgeline, but I liked the cup holders high on the rear doors. The pilot I sat in was about 38k bucks and I'm thinking that's about what the AWD RTL will be. All in all I am pretty excited about throwing all my crap in the RL trunk and seeing how much space I have left over. Jumper cables , tow strap, first aid kit, and the kids bug out bag (clothes and snacks) are all in the cab of my tundra and its cramped.

·
Registered
122 Posts
JEEEEEZZZ....I have read just about enough of the grousing and complaining about RL2 and Honda's inability to please every Tom, Dick, and Sally!.... not even God, Himself, has accomplished that ....why does everyone expect Honda to do so?

and MikeT, you of all people, come up with a bone headed statement about how they intentionally invested in a "*****design to kill the product"......Now WHY would they have bothered investing in a redesign if the intent was to kill the product?????

PUULLLEEESEE people, buy it if you like it and don't buy it if you don't. It is a free market and Honda will adjust according to how the $$$$ are/aren't spent.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
JEEEEEZZZ....I have read just about enough of the grousing and complaining about RL2 and Honda's inability to please every Tom, Dick, and Sally!.... not even God, Himself, has accomplished that ....why does everyone expect Honda to do so?

and MikeT, you of all people, come up with a bone headed statement about how they intentionally invested in a "*****design to kill the product"......Now WHY would they have bothered investing in a redesign if the intent was to kill the product?????

PUULLLEEESEE people, buy it if you like it and don't buy it if you don't. It is a free market and Honda will adjust according to how the $$$$ are/aren't spent.
It's not even out yet. Wait until it hits the dealers & people actual know Gen2 exist. Then the Truck guys will start bashing Gen2. Right now it's RL owners displeased with what Honda did.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Don't drive car with gloves except driving gloves or winter gloves for a little. If your using the truck as a work truck I can see that. But the dirty Wells Lamont work gloves are going in the back or on the floor. Back in my younger days I worked with men and woman everyday that drove GMC BRIAGADIER & Kenworth real trucks with real trailers. They had driving gloves or not Wells Lamont came out when they were dropping/raising landing gear on trailers. This was a large Fleet think Home Depot

·
Registered
23 Posts
I personally think it looks good and offers everything I need in a daily driven family hauler/truck. I do wish they went a bit more aggressive on styling to appeal to the male crowd but I think they went the smarter route. I was looking at the new tacoma and my wife thought it looked juvenile and I was trying too hard to look like I was back in my early twenties haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought that the Gen1 needed a serious facelift and with Gen2 that was accomplished. I believe with all the improvements to this mid-sized truck Honda will sell many more than their first version. I have the 2016 Pilot and it is all I hoped it would be and more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts