Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my RL for about 2 weeks and today was the day that it got interesting. While I've seen heads turn as other drivers pass me on the road, today's events were more personal.

For the sake of comparison, I previously drove a plain Jane '92 Ford Aerostar van that shows its age (145,000 miles). I'm a 50 year old single, white male who has been whistled at before, but not within the last several years and certainly not while driving the Aerostar!

This morning, I took off to run some errands and I stopped to fill the fuel tank (first time since purchase). The two guys working at the gas station, which had no other customers at the time, literally ran out of the building to see what I was driving. To say the least, they were pretty impressed. After some small talk, I was on my way.

Later, on the way home, I passed the same station and, as I waited at a stop light, someone whistled! It was the hubba-hubba type of whistle that men usually save for the ladies that they are trying vainly to impress. ;) Now I'm sure they weren't whistling at me because, as I stated before, it hasn't happened in years. I'm not sure who whistled (I hope it was a female!) but it must have been one of the several customers who were in the process of fueling up (a few were looking my way). No matter if they were whistling at my truck (most likely) or me (highly unlikely), it made me feel good! :)

-- ridged

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I love any attention we get in the Ridgeline. I'm somewhat disappointed when we go out and don't notice someone checking her out.

We got a great reaction in the Sam's Club parking lot yesterday. As we approached the truck, but still a couple of parking rows away, I told hubby to "do the magic windows." A man was directly along side of our truck when the windows went down by themselves and it gave him quite a start. He looked around and spotted us smiling and he gave us a broad smile in return.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I went to a friend’s house inside a private gated community this morning. The security for the community followed me to his house. I was thinking "what the heck does this guy want? What did I do?" :confused:
He got out of his car and said "how do you like the truck?" :D
I proceeded to show him around the truck for about 5 mins.
He loved the trunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts