Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My issue with the G2 front end (prior to 2021) has been the single chrome bar on the grille. I really like the blacked out look, but decided to have the grille on my 2020 in chrome. I think it improves the “van like” look. I have the door handles blacked out and will black out the chrome window trim leaving just the grille in chrome. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
A little chrome access here and there looks nice IMHO. I think murdering out a truck with everything black is a great, low budget way to make a beater look cool, but I don't care for the look on nicer, newer vehicles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My issue with the G2 front end (prior to 2021) has been the single chrome bar on the grille. I really like the blacked out look, but decided to have the grille on my 2020 in chrome. I think it improves the “van like” look. I have the door handles blacked out and will black out the chrome window trim leaving just the grille in chrome. Thoughts? View attachment 416171
Thoughts? Here’s my thought. I never ask folks should I, shouldn’t I or what would you do.

I have several posts on this site of my RL cosmetic mods. I never ask, “should I”. But I do welcome comments when done. Good or bad. Right or wrong. Any beautifying (in my biased view) changes I own those.

But when it comes to ANYTHING mechanical I always seek the counsel of the really smart people. Or those who have done the same things.

Gusto!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thoughts? Here’s my thought. I never ask folks should I, shouldn’t I or what would you do.

I have several posts on this site of my RL cosmetic mods. I never ask, “should I”. But I do welcome comments when done. Good or bad. Right or wrong. Any beautifying (in my biased view) changes I own those.

But when it comes to ANYTHING mechanical I always seek the counsel of the really smart people. Or those who have done the same things.

Gusto!
Wasn't so much a "Should I", but rather just a comment post. I'm doing what I like on it 😊. I agree regarding mechanical things. Some great minds here.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline AWD RTL-T
115 Posts
My issue with the G2 front end (prior to 2021) has been the single chrome bar on the grille. I really like the blacked out look, but decided to have the grille on my 2020 in chrome. I think it improves the “van like” look. I have the door handles blacked out and will black out the chrome window trim leaving just the grille in chrome. Thoughts? View attachment 416171
Thoughts you say? Well, I'm your opposite. I hate chrome and working on getting rid of it.
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
108 Posts
well here is my rig, I went and limo tinted the windows,also chromed the door pillars, put chrome nerf bars on the top sides of the bed,and in future ,chrome the grille and maybe a stainless brush-grille gard on the front, my old 2006 ridge, I got a deer going 70mph ,no damage also hit a 1400 lb steer, that did some damage

·
Registered
18 Posts
Truck looks great! Are the window visors and hood deflector OEM or aftermarket? Are the window visors in-channel or stick ons? I'm searching for the same accessories for my Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
857 Posts
As mine is the same color as the OP, here's what it looks like with a black grille and body color emblem. I much prefer it and I no longer have any chrome trim anywhere on mine.

·
Registered
841 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts