Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,078 Posts
Interestingly enough, Honda changed everything I didn't like about the G2's aesthetics. I don't know if they read these forums or not, but it seems they certainly take into account the feelings and opinions of their owners. The front end is LIGHT YEARS better (to me) than the 17-20 models. It is decidedly more pronounced without being too overly "edgy". They pushed the wheels out a bit to actually match up with the fenders, making for a more pleasing look. The rear of the truck looked fine to me, but I do really like the dual exhaust tip setup. And, they finally added a darn volume knob to the head unit.
This actually puts me in a bit of conundrum. I had all but sworn off ever owning another Ridgeline because I just didn't care for the G2 that much. I had settled on the reality that I was likely going to own a full size truck next simply because my family is growing and my truck isn't. The Crew Max Tundras are beautiful trucks albeit, massive. The 2022 update is due out within the next six months or so, and I'll get a chance to see if Toyota really brings a winner to market. Otherwise, I have no problem looking at a 2019-21 model for a better purchase price and tested, tried, true reliability from that 5.7 liter and 6-speed auto. Now that the 2021 Ridgeline looks and functions as it does with all the features I love about my 07 and WAY more, I'm beginning to think a new RL would work just fine. Plus, it would fit in my garage.
I have at least a couple of years before I need to make such decisions as I'm planning to run my 180k mile 07 for awhile longer. She still does the trick.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Interestingly enough, Honda changed everything I didn't like about the G2's aesthetics. I don't know if they read these forums or not, but it seems they certainly take into account the feelings and opinions of their owners. The front end is LIGHT YEARS better (to me) than the 17-20 models. It is decidedly more pronounced without being too overly "edgy". They pushed the wheels out a bit to actually match up with the fenders, making for a more pleasing look. The rear of the truck looked fine to me, but I do really like the dual exhaust tip setup. And, they finally added a darn volume knob to the head unit.
This actually puts me in a bit of conundrum. I had all but sworn off ever owning another Ridgeline because I just didn't care for the G2 that much. I had settled on the reality that I was likely going to own a full size truck next simply because my family is growing and my truck isn't. The Crew Max Tundras are beautiful trucks albeit, massive. The 2022 update is due out within the next six months or so, and I'll get a chance to see if Toyota really brings a winner to market. Otherwise, I have no problem looking at a 2019-21 model for a better purchase price and tested, tried, true reliability from that 5.7 liter and 6-speed auto. Now that the 2021 Ridgeline looks and functions as it does with all the features I love about my 07 and WAY more, I'm beginning to think a new RL would work just fine. Plus, it would fit in my garage.
I have at least a couple of years before I need to make such decisions as I'm planning to run my 180k mile 07 for awhile longer. She still does the trick.
Maybe you could take this guy's Titan off his hands....

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,614 Posts
Disappointed with the heated mirrors on this gen 2. My old gen 1, you turned them on and they stayed on. Not the way this gen 2 functions. You must turn it on each time you restart the engine and then it turns off(either by sensor or timer). I never had an issue with leaving my gen 1 mirrors heated 100 per cent of the time. Of course that was for only 334,000 miles.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
Maybe you could take this guy's Titan off his hands....

I actually have a couple of friends who own Titans and love them. One has a 2018 Pro-4X and the other a 2019. They're beautiful trucks. Great features. LOTS of interior space and more than plentiful power. I've driven both of their trucks and just simply didn't particularly like it. You really feel the heft and size. Steering was a bit numb and the suspension was bouncy. Plus, maneuvering it was definitely something I'd have to get used to. I know most of it is because I'm partial to my G1, but I couldn't see myself owning a Titan in the long run. I've never spent long enough inside a Tundra to get a real idea of what owning one would be like, but I have to imagine any full size truck will feel like a behemoth.
Disappointed with the heated mirrors on this gen 2. My old gen 1, you turned them on and they stayed on. Not the way this gen 2 functions. You must turn it on each time you restart the engine and then it turns off(either by sensor or timer). I never had an issue with leaving my gen 1 mirrors heated 100 per cent of the time. Of course that was for only 334,000 miles.
This is actually something I'd desire in the G2. I love the fact that I have heated mirrors in my G1, but I ALWAYS forget to turn them off. Having anything that is "heated" such as the mirrors, seats, steering wheel, etc. on when you start the truck is harder on the charging system. I always turn off my climate control and heated seat before I turn the truck off. If my heated mirror switch were to be turned on, do what it's supposed to, and then turn off all on its own, I'd love it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,614 Posts
Back on the farm, 50 years ago we were taught to turn "everything" off before starting ANYTHING. It's a tradition I gave up before purchasing my Gen 1. It endured 16 below zero temps outside and heat over 100 in the summer. Was never an issue in my 08 and I NEVER turned those heated mirrors off. Of course it only lasted 334,000 miles. We will see what this gen 2 will do, just don't like have to turn on the heat with each start.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
^^ Right. It's always been a habit of mine. I think it says in the G1 manual to turn off the heated seats before turning off the truck. I'm sure it's simply electrical/mechanical engineers being overly cautious, but I'll follow the advice there. My AGM battery is going on 8 years old now and not showing signs of giving up. I'll do what I can to keep it all going a bit longer.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts