Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Vizio VSB200 40" soundbar for many years. I believe it's toast. Its recently developed an overheat issue and cuts sound for about 20-30 seconds.

I have always liked this VSB200, felt it produced good audio & never felt compelled to upgrade to a more expensive unit.

Anyone have a recommendation? I already have a subwoofer, so ideally I would just be in the market for the soundbar.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
I'm curious about this too. We're about to start a renovation project and one of the things to go will likely be my beloved 5.1 sound system with an SVS 20-39 cylinder sub and 500w amp. I'm looking to simplify and go to a soundbar and sub with decent sound. Or maybe a 2.1 system of some sort. I would be tempted to keep the sub but it's large and the receiver does the crossover, so in the interests of simplicity, I'm looking for a combo system so I don't have a bunch of separates any more.

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
This Samsung soundbar with the sub looks interesting. I don't own it, so I cannot speak for its performance.

QLED1.PNG

At our home we are patiently waiting for our to bite the dust, to replace it with this. Maybe it will last long enough for the price of the QLED 8K to drop another $1500. My son says, "you will be sad when the plasma dies." He might be correct.

QLED.PNG

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm curious about this too. We're about to start a renovation project and one of the things to go will likely be my beloved 5.1 sound system with an SVS 20-39 cylinder sub and 500w amp. I'm looking to simplify and go to a soundbar and sub with decent sound. Or maybe a 2.1 system of some sort. I would be tempted to keep the sub but it's large and the receiver does the crossover, so in the interests of simplicity, I'm looking for a combo system so I don't have a bunch of separates any more.
I had the 5.1 setup in my old house, but when I moved the fact the soundbar was adequate and the new house was not "home theatre" friendly kept me from going back to the 5.1 setup.

My current vizio VSB200 has Sub Output which feeds my powered Sub, so it really does sound good IMO. Certainly not a comparison to a full blown 5.1 setup, but for simplicity and the fact I watch 75% sports it does just fine and it quite passable for movies as well (the occasional blu-ray I drop in reminds me why my TV was so expensive with the higher resolution).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a SONOs 5.1 with the beam as the sound bar, I like it a lot but if you are more of a audiophile there are better systems but I like how easy it is to work and expand. Bose has always been good and look great but I always find them to be very closed looped as far as eco system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bose is not going to be as easily expandable and I don’t think they offer wireless rear speakers for the current sound bar, they tend to be proprietary with their stuff sonos try’s to work with everything they they don’t have support for some of the newer audio codecs but I enjoy mine a lot and plan on putting on up in the bedroom as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realized I added a component (AirTV box for my Sling TV setup) behind my soundbar right around the same time I started to experience the overheat issue. Would you believe moving the AirTV box from about 5 inches from behind the soundbar to 10 inches has apparently solved the overheating issue? Who would have figured.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
fresnoridgeline
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing