Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 07 RTL, I do not have the truck yet! I was reading the online manual and it states you can put the flat tire on the tray and put it back into place.
if this is correct, could I just get a full size spare with matching tread? As I plan on taking trips and sometimes hauling a trailer.

Any input, has any one done this ?

· Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,588 Posts
I just bought a 07 RTL, I do not have the truck yet! I was reading the online manual and it states you can put the flat tire on the tray and put it back into place.
if this is correct, could I just get a full size spare with matching tread? As I plan on taking trips and sometimes hauling a trailer.

Any imput, has any one doe this ?
Yes it can and the manual also recommends that you replace the temporary spare tire with a full-size spare if you plan on towing; you just have to relocate the "tool box" to the shelf on the right size of the In-Bed Trunk when you store the full-size tire in that location (it's designed to be stored there, so no worries). Just keep in mind that the spare tire storage area can only accommodate a standard full-size tire; so if you want to go one size larger than the OEM tires it will not fit. Also, you have an alternate spare tire mount in the bed if you are concerned about accessing the In-Bed Trunk while towing/hauling; you can find the details in the owner's manual.

Temporary spare tire

Standard full-size spare tire

Slightly larger than standard full-size spare tire (doesn't fit)

Full-size spare tire mounted in alternate tire mount location

Owner's manual information (custom collage)
Text Line art Diagram Architecture Organism

· Registered
344 Posts
I kept a full size spare when I had my '06 and I rotated it through with every tire rotation. Having a 5th tire in the rotation adds another 25% to your tread life, although it also adds another 25% to the price of tire replacement when the time comes. I thought it was worth it since I wanted to make sure that my spare didn't get old and flat so keeping it in rotation made sure I was checking on it regularly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.