Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Yes..it fits, but not with the tool kit on top of it. It has a fitted shelf on the right side of the trunk area where you can place it.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Thanks LR...btw, I have built a plywood shelf that sits on that trunk shelf and is fitted perfectly to the trunk so I have two levels of storage space. Now I can put the road stuff underneath and keep my softball equipment on top!!

Love it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
If anyone is looking for a full size spare I still have one extra for sale. Email me at "mmuelver" at "mac.com" or PM me if you're interested. Asking $200 plus shipping. I can accept credit cards through PayPal if you pick up the fees.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Do not install a production road wheel fitted with a TPMS sensor in the spare tire well. The TPMS system is not a 5 channel system. The extra sensor will confuse the system and will prevent the correct reading from being displayed for the rear tires. A service spare tire assembly is under development by parts division.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kodiak said:
Do not install a production road wheel fitted with a TPMS sensor in the spare tire well. The TPMS system is not a 5 channel system. The extra sensor will confuse the system and will prevent the correct reading from being displayed for the rear tires. A service spare tire assembly is under development by parts division.
Too late, I already did! :eek: ;)

I haven't had any problems. I didn't have any problems when I was carrying four full size spares around in the bed either.

BTW, you speak rather authoritatively on this subject. Are you affiliated with Honda? An employee of some kind?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Have had a "full" size spare with the TPMS installed for over two months now and have had no problems...but just to be sure, will bleed some air out of the rear tires (one at at time) to check if the on dash moniter will acknowledge the lost of air pressure and indicate it. That should tell??? :confused:

·
Registered
419 Posts
OK, as promised earlier today...just got home from school and "bleed' off air pressure on both rear tires to see if the dash moniter would notify me of low tire air pressure due to the fact that I have a full size spare tire with the TMPS installed. YES, the system does work...hope this answers this question once and for all... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
578 Posts
coolcat said:
Too late, I already did! :eek: ;)

I haven't had any problems. I didn't have any problems when I was carrying four full size spares around in the bed either.

BTW, you speak rather authoritatively on this subject. Are you affiliated with Honda? An employee of some kind?
Read his posts on this forum as well as another forum which is centered around "VTEC". Believe everything he has to say about the Ridgeline. ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
There are 4 initiators located in each wheel well. That is how the system determines the location of the low tire. Try deflating the either a road wheel or the spare tire and you will see the result of the spare installation with a sensor. Depending on the orientation of the spare (which wheel is closer to the imitator – the spare or the road wheel). The system will pick that reading up when the sensor goes into burst mode due to a low tire condition). You will not experience a problem until the sensor is attempting to indicate a failure.

By interfering with the system in this manner – you have compromised the ability to perform its intended function (it is basically non-complainant system now).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Obviously you didn't read my posting on your theory...maybe you ought to try it yourself. If the sensor reads too far to the opposite side, it would read the other tire TPMS. I work in electronics and have already tried this on my truck...enough said... Maybe you need to get out of the way or at least back-up what bs you are trying to put out on this site... :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts