Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,

I did a couple of searches to see what spark plugs would be best for my truck.
Denso or NGK came up. I am now set to buy my plugs. What I didn't see was where to buy the plugs. I know that the NGKs are $12.00 at O'Reillys.

I have been using Rockauto with great results.
The prices are much lower
Denso ranges from $5.38 to $8.33
NGK is $9.60

Have a great day!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally not a fan of rock auto, I can always beat there price and find there shipping high. Try Amazon for the plugs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I buy them at the local auto brick & mortar stores anymore.
That way I can check the gap clearance at the counter before purchase.
I've gotten some online once and had to reset the gab clearances. Not a big deal, but why take the chance.
I don't know what happened to the pre-gapped clearances.
I have not had any issues lately, but it's still a process I do.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
After workin on many,many ,many motors stickin with the stock plugs has always been the best,for what reason I dont know. Just find your best deal on stockers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
After workin on many,many ,many motors stickin with the stock plugs has always been the best,for what reason I dont know. Just find your best deal on stockers.
I couldn't agree more northernlights.
I've tried many 'magic' plugs and end up pulling and going back to stock.
That goes for every vehicle I've ever owned and it's a great point to bring up.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,598 Posts
Yes, but in the case of the Ridgeline there is no reason to buy the OEM plugs from the dealer. The stock plugs are: NGK IZFR5K11 Laser Iridium and can be had for under $60 for all 6.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I bought mine at O'Reilly's. Now that I have Amazon Prime, I'd probably order them online.

Agree on going with the NGK OEMs.

Chip H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts