Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Ridgeline have and upper and lower oil well seal for a total of six for each head?

If oil is coated on the coil pack is it likely the upper one that is leaking?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Looking at the parts diagram, the tube is part of the head assembly (likely press-fit at the factory) so there's only the one seal on the head cover.

Chip H.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, #9 in that parts diagram is the spark plug seal in the cylinder head cover. There will be three total for each cylinder head cover, one per spark plug tube.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I don't recall if there's any glue holding it in, or if it's a friction-fit.

Chip H.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm 99% sure the tubes are press-fitted into the cylinder head. In other words, they're permanently installed and sealed, and it'd take a lot of effort and cussing to get one out if you had to for some reason.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 99% sure the tubes are press-fitted into the cylinder head. In other words, they're permanently installed and sealed, and it'd take a lot of effort and cussing to get one out if you had to for some reason.
You are referring to the tube and not the seal, correct? The seal on the valve cover should be easy, right?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
"Should" .. yes. Like I said, I don't recall if there's adhesive on them.

Chip H.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You are referring to the tube and not the seal, correct? The seal on the valve cover should be easy, right?
Yes. The tubes are pressed into the cylinder head at the bottom, and sealed to the valve cover at the top with the small round seals. Those seals are not glued in any way to the valve cover -- they fit into a "lip" in the valve cover and you can pretty easily remove them and install new ones if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts