Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my first interior annoyance yesterday. It seems that when I play a CD with heavy bass/drums, the driver-side rear door panel will buzz with each low note. This happens at pretty much any bass sound setting over +2 and any volume setting over 10. I first noticed it when playing Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" (heavy bass and drums) at a volume level of about 25. The problem is alleviated somewhat if I turn down the bass setting or lower the volume (like about 8), but that makes a relatively unimpressive stock stereo sound even less impressive.

The buzz occurs the most toward the rear top of the driver-side rear door panel, but also occurs to a lesser extent toward the rear bottom of the door panel. I inspected the panel, and it looks "loose" on the rear edge of the panel with a visible gap (1/32" ?) between the plastic and metal, but it can be pried out farther with finger pressure. Pressing on it hard did not seem to seat it any further, but it could still be loose fasteners, I suppose. The passenger-side panel appears to be nice and tight--no gaps and no buzzes from that side.

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has had this problem and what, if anything, they did to fix it. My dealer is about 45 minutes away, so I won't be going there to have this fixed unless it becomes super annoying or another problem develops.

By the way, this is NOT the same problem as the front door speaker or the tweeter covers in the dash. I did an advanced search and could not find any posts on this particular problem.

Any input would be appreciated. "Me too" posts are fine, but I'm looking for a DIY solution here if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK ... this is a late reply, but I have the same problem. For now, it seems to have corrected itself... weird.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts