Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tinkered with the OEM speakers yet ? I am pretty frustrated with the stock ones, and want to swap them out for some Polk or Infinity ones. I popped out the dash tweeters, they are 1" or so, with a built in crossover to filter out bass................

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
rtpjunior said:
Has anyone tinkered with the OEM speakers yet ? I am pretty frustrated with the stock ones, and want to swap them out for some Polk or Infinity ones. I popped out the dash tweeters, they are 1" or so, with a built in crossover to filter out bass................
I too would like to know what size of speakers are in the doors, I'm hoping that 6.5 will fit in them. I would like to put H/K's from my previous car in them, and if its not i may get some infinity's.

·
Registered
774 Posts
rtpjunior said:
I sent an email to Crutchfield inquiring when they expect to update their fit guides to include the Ridgeline. I'll report back if/when they respond.

For those of you unfamiliar with Crutchfield, they have an outstanding car stereo application guide on their web site. They are based in Charlottesville, VA.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I spoke to a Crutchfield CSR a month ago and he said they should have information on the RL by the end of summer or the early part of fall.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was incorrect!!! I trusted by tinting guy, but I think he was looking at a different car/truck.

I pulled my door panel yesterday (easy, 3 minutes). The speaker is more like a 6-1/2" but is in a plastic molded piece that is glued into the metal door. It started raining, so I put the panel back on without scrutinizing the setup. I believe, tho, that a 6-1/2" would fit in the hole there.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
dang, is there a way does anyone think that someway to fabricate to fit 6.5 speakers? if not i may have to call a buddy to see if he can get me 5.25 H/K speakers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The factory speakers are held in with a single metal clip at the top of the plastic housing for the speaker. They aren't glued in, but they don't pop out that easily. Depth should definitely be considered if you are not using any type of build-out. A cheap solution for an extra half inch or so, is to use the plastic trim for your aftermarket speakers grilles. Good luck! Remember, installing mobile electronics is FUN!

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
As 12VoltRidgeline said.. check the depth! On the MDX if you put speakers in the front doors that are too deep the windows will hit them when rolled down.

I'm looking forward to someone finding a high quality, efficient replacement speakers for the doors. The unfortunate thing is that most higher end speakers need more power and the Ridgeline is marginal on power to start with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spoke to Crutchfield, and got some more info. They don't have this on the website yet, but they state that 6.5" speakers fit the front and rear doors. The front doors have 2.9" depth clearance, rear has 3.2". However, the clearance to the door panel is only .6", so some of the high end 3 and 4-way coaxials may not fit without some mods.................

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
rtpjunior said:
Just spoke to Crutchfield, and got some more info. They don't have this on the website yet, but they state that 6.5" speakers fit the front and rear doors. The front doors have 2.9" depth clearance, rear has 3.2". However, the clearance to the door panel is only .6", so some of the high end 3 and 4-way coaxials may not fit without some mods.................
Very similar to the MDX. Most of the MDX audio hackers swap out the door speakers for the Infinity 6002i series. Not a bad speaker and very shallow mounting depth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts