Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, that’s quite a range of music. :)
I really do listen to it all, though, along with some amount of country.

I want to replace the factory HU with a Sony WX-GS920BH. That has a 45 watt (RMS) x 4 class D amp in it, and that’s what I’ll run the speakers with. No sub for now, though I want on later on.

I’m looking for instruments and voices to sound like what they are, not like electronic yowling cats or fake screeching parakeets. Nevertheless, I do listen to punchy rock and country, too. I’m thinking that around $200 for the pair (starting with front speakers only) is my budget.

I’m trying to get to some shops, but I’ve had a lot of trouble finding much variety to listen to. Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
6,697 Posts
If it’s was my $200 I would consider something with a 1” tweet and a good 6.5” mid, not a 2 way or 3 way. This will come with a crossover and with some additional wiring you can get exactly everything you need from the HU you listed. Anything that you might find in the price you post will be quite an improvement over stock, as I am gonna guess that’s what you’re replacing.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'd found a couple options that are separates, but couldn't find them to listen to locally. Things have changed in the interim, however. I now find myself commuting in a Mazda, my son is driving the Ridgeline about as much as anyone else, and he doesn't care about this project. I suppose that's alright since it saves some money. (-:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
bulwnkl
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing