Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the specifications are on the TPMS? With stock tires what pressure is the system set for? Is ita range or does it look for a specific PSI? The loss of How may PSI will trigger an alarm? Does the system monitor temperature? If so how many degrees +/- will trigger an alarm? Are the specs documented anywhere? Perhaps I have overlooked it but can't seem to find them anywhere. Any and all help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I would assume they are set for 32 PSI since that is the recommended pressure. I triggered the TPMS on one wheel at 25 PSI while the others were at 26 PSI (1st cold day since I got the RL). The 26 PSI did not trigger the TPMS.

The TPMS will not trigger for too much pressure. Don't know about temperature, but I assume it won't trigger for temps either.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the ROC Leroy! I don't know much about the TPMS, but I do have the service manual :D Here's some information taken from the manual which should answer some of your questions. If not, keep posting...someone will know.

p.18-46
Tire pressure range is 24-32psi (32psi recommended). Tire pressures will increase slightly as the temperature in the tires rises during driving at highway speeds. Pressures will also increase or decrease slightly with changes in outside air temperature. A temperature change of about 18 degress Fahrenheit will change tire pressure about 1.5psi. If the temperature drops and then rises, tire pressure could decrease just enough to turn on the low pressure and tire indicators, but later increase enough to turn them off.

p.18-56
The sensor transmits the tire pressure to the contrul unit when tire pressure is less than 24psi. The control unit then turns on the low pressure indicator. When the tire pressure is increased more than 29psi, the transmitter sends tire pressure to the control unit, and then the control unit turns the indicator off.

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve and SixOpRidge, Thanks for the info on the TPM system. Excellent input. Just what I was looking for. Thank you-Thank you!

SixOpRidge, where did you get the Tech manuals? Are they offical Honda? How much were they and in your opinion are they worth it?

Leroy/Bllueridge

·
Registered
953 Posts
I wonder if the TPM sensors actually send the pressure value to the reciever or just an on/off signal as to the pressure being low? It would be really great if they sent the actual pressure and you could tap into that somehow and know the exact pressure. That would give me a reason to build a carputer with inputs for the pressure sensors.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Leroy Sloan said:
Steve and SixOpRidge, Thanks for the info on the TPM system. Excellent input. Just what I was looking for. Thank you-Thank you!

SixOpRidge, where did you get the Tech manuals? Are they offical Honda? How much were they and in your opinion are they worth it?

Leroy/Bllueridge
That's what we're here for! :D I purchased mine through Helm Inc. for $70 + $6.95 S&H to Nebraska. If you want to know everything about your RL and like to tinker, then it's worth it IMHO. BTW, it is an official Honda product. Here's the link:

2006 Ridgeline Service Manual (KA)

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
30 Posts
Make sure you also purchase the Electrical Trouble Shooting manual, this vehicle is more electronic than mechanical. Both books are comprehensive. Costs another $50.

SixOpRidge said:
That's what we're here for! :D I purchased mine through Helm Inc. for $70 + $6.95 S&H to Nebraska. If you want to know everything about your RL and like to tinker, then it's worth it IMHO. BTW, it is an official Honda product. Here's the link:

2006 Ridgeline Service Manual (KA)

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
233 Posts
OlYella said:
Make sure you also purchase the Electrical Trouble Shooting manual, this vehicle is more electronic than mechanical. Both books are comprehensive. Costs another $50.
Gotta add that to my list...tks!

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
25 Posts
what do the tpm sensors look like and how much are they

·
Registered
233 Posts
A pic of the TPMS can be found here in the 17" Aluminum Wheel instruction sheet. I ordered my sensor from Honda Automotive Parts (Part#1783025) for a whopping $22.37 ($17.42 + $4.95 S&H).

-SixOpRidge

1 - 14 of 14 Posts