Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received the Spectra radiator that I bought from Amazon. After reading up on this forum, I decided to pre-emptively replace my stock radiator for peace of mind.

However, I have also come across some mention of people receiving Spectras with hairline cracks or some other problems.

I wasn't impressed with the packaging it came in, and am wondering what I should be looking for before I attempt to install this in the truck? Any particular areas of common failure that I should check? Since I'm doing this for peace of mind, I want to be really confident that it's not going to fail in the near future.

Any and all tips/insight appreciated.

·
Registered
790 Posts
When I ordered mine it came alright, a box in a box with the foam in the corners of the first box so that the radiator would not get damaged. I did not see any hairline cracks on it. Here is a link for the radiator that will give you confidence that it can be done with pics.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66898

Radiator has worked perfect for me, no differenece noticed just a lot of piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I had the same experience as Smokey. I agree that the packaging is flimsy but it had no apparent negative effect on the radiator. It was installed last year with no problems to date.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I got mine and the bottom connector fell right out when I touched it. I imagine someone sent it back after they busted it and just laid it back in there. Got a new one and it's been great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so how about this? I just took a look at the radiator, is this even the correct one? The packing slip says it's the CU2830, but this looks different than what I've seen on this forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They do a terrible job of packaging. I ordered one online, and one from local auto parts store and they both had bent fins and cores. They probably would have been fine, but I wasn't going to settle for it. I ended up purchasing a new one from Honda, and it was flawless, and has a much more quality build imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts