Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody!

I own a 2007 Ridgeline, and was recently doing the brake bleed procedure because the pedal was spongy. Out of curiousity, how spongy is the pedal on everyone's ridgeline? When you slam on the brakes, do your wheels lock, or do you just slow down fast and then ABS kicks in? What is an acceptable level of "sponginess"?

So anyways, I bled the system and left a partial jug of brake fluid/old oil mix in the truck bed, then ended up spilling it all in the section of the bed closest to the cab. I immediately used Dawn and hosed it out very well.

Does anyone know what lies underneath the composite paneling, or is anyone familiar with the way the bed is constructed? Do you think I may have gotten brake fluid beneath the composite, onto the metal, creating corrosion/rust issues?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The bed has drain channels/holes etc. Im sure you got most of it when you used the dawn and hosed it out. Might be safe to do it again just in case. My 06 has always been a little spongy compared to other vehicles. Even with new pads and fluid.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
The bed has drain channels/holes etc. Im sure you got most of it when you used the dawn and hosed it out. Might be safe to do it again just in case. My 06 has always been a little spongy compared to other vehicles. Even with new pads and fluid.
+1 on the spongy brake feel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts