Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding the splash guards to my RTL-E... Anyone have these installed and is the installation easy enough? Are they worth the $100 per set of 4? Recommendations? Pros/Cons? Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will also be moving next spring to a local mountain community (about 45mi. out of my current city) where it snows periodically in the winter. Are there any issues with the splash guards and driving in snow?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had 'em on our '11 and they accumulate ice buildup so bad the tires rub.

Not worth it, and not having them, I'll be better reminded to wash it well during winter.

Looks better without. It ain't a Freightliner.

·
Super Moderator
6,755 Posts
I have to agree with Eighteen, they pack with an insane amount of Snow. Fortunately mine has only been in the Snow a hand full of times

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
I recently installed them. It was easy enough, but they are so flimsy. Not near as sturdy as found on my Highlander or my Camry. I will keep them on but I would not be too confident about them staying securely in place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Spray the insides of them (and the whole wheel well for that matter) with PAM or a silicone lubricant or even better FluidFilm once installed and they will not hold on to nearly as much snow. I did a fair bit of ice racing and 20 yrs of snow driving :) if any denver people get them let's meet before you install them as I might have rallyarmor make a set for my ridgeline when ever it comes..

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
If you're buying them for looks, might want to give this one a miss. For protecting rocker panels and such … you know, we've been in a drought since I bought the truck. So I don't know, but I suspect that they will be useful in that regard. Very easy install. About half the screws are already in your wheel wells and the other half come with the kit and have designated holes where you put them. There's no drilling or guesswork.

·
Registered
231 Posts
As far as them packing with snow and ice, that happens if you are in the snow belt. They all do regardless of brand or vehicle. Simple solution, give them a kick, it all falls off. Easy easy...

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
Spray the insides of them (and the whole wheel well for that matter) with PAM or a silicone lubricant or even better FluidFilm once installed and they will not hold on to nearly as much snow. I did a fair bit of ice racing and 20 yrs of snow driving :) if any denver people get them let's meet before you install them as I might have rallyarmor make a set for my ridgeline when ever it comes..
Both of my sons have Rallyarmor mud flaps on their WRX's.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
The factory doesn't even have splash guards to install on the assembly line. They were put on there by your dealer. :)
And more than likely you were charged for them as part of the purchase price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
And more than likely you were charged for them as part of the purchase price.
well I saved 1500 on the vehicle and this accessory is not listed on the Canadian website.
its not even mentioned on the bill of sale but wheel locks and block heater are there which I got for free.

·
Super Moderator
12,347 Posts
well I saved 1500 on the vehicle and this accessory is not listed on the Canadian website.
its not even mentioned on the bill of sale but wheel locks and block heater are there which I got for free.
Ohhh. I didn't realize at the time that you had a Canadian Ridgeline. Those all come standard with splash guards. For US-spec Ridgelines, they are only available as an accessory.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I paid $80 from Bernardi parts. Easiest thing I've ever isntalled on a vehicle. I do not think the material themselves is worth the price, but the protection they provide is worth it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts