Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to agree with DoctorJ, sounds like our glove box and front door storage compartments are bigger than their three "trunks".

·
Registered
964 Posts
Trunks? Swim trunks, maybe.

Size of RL trunk 8.5 Cubic feet? SPort trak "trunks" total 1.9 cu ft.

Crazy, eh?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
As a volunteer with the local zoo, I work with elephants, so I know a little bit about trunks. :D These aren't trunks. Not very big and not very useful. And how are you supposed to reach the 1.4cuft box up at the front of the bed?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The only sound you will hear once the new Sport Trac comes out will be the whining over the fact that it has an optional V8 (and the Ridgeline doesn't).

It is still a Ford! :D

1.9 cubic feet vs 8.5. No contest.

·
Registered
48 Posts
.25 cu. ft.== 4"x4"x12"--flashlight? (but there are two of these size ;) )
1.4 cu. ft.==12"x12"x16.5"--1 bag of groceries?

Must be a small spare--lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
So they lengthened the truck and added independent rear suspension (which helps make space for the Ridgeline's trunk) and they could only come up with three glove boxes in the bed?

Don't you find it amazing how the Detroit Free Press really doesn't say anything about the stupidity of saying two of the trunks fit a "six pack" and yet they will still take a jab at Honda and say that the Ridgeline briefly shook up the truck market and how the sales are slow.

I remember on a previous post an article from the Detroit Free Press that basically said the Ridgeline is worthless and Honda is foolish for entering the truck market. Yet, at their first oportunity they attempt to do two of the things this worthless truck has: a REAL trunk and independent suspension. I won't include the fact that the Sport Trac NOW comes standard with the same safety features that the Ridgeline has.

As someone typed earlier, it is still a Ford.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Based on my personal experience as a former Ford Explorer owner, I suggest that Ford Sport Trac owners carry the following intems in their three trunk-ettes:

1) Bondo to fill body rust through holes so that you can pass state inspection.
2) White cloth flags and flares to signal other motorists that there is a disabled vehicle on the side of the road (due to A4LD transmission failure, head gasket failures, intake manifold gasket failure, alternator failure, etc., etc., etc.)
3) Tow chain, assorted tools (but not both since the 'trunk' is too small for both) Aspirin and other prescription or non-prescription remedies for your constant stress, tension and headaches.

·
Registered
626 Posts
ehaley said:
How so? 1.4+.25+.25=1.9
I think Tex's Ridge was trying to say that the writer is dumb for saying that 1.9 cubic feet "compares" with the 8.5 cubic feet of the Ridgeline... the English used by the writer is correct, but the use of the word "compares" implies "comparable", which they are clearly not. I get it! :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good one HOG. I had a Taurus 10 years ago and literally everything went wrong with it before 36k miles. Transmission, water pump, electric windows, to even replacing cup holders. I shudder to think of the quality for the first year of the Sport Trac will be like.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
flymuck said:
I think Tex's Ridge was trying to say that the writer is dumb for saying that 1.9 cubic feet "compares" with the 8.5 cubic feet of the Ridgeline... the English used by the writer is correct, but the use of the word "compares" implies "comparable", which they are clearly not. I get it! :D
Thanks, Fly. You got it straight. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry Tex, no disrespect intended. I just read that thread pretty late and after quite a few beers. :)

I did look at Ford's "press kit" for the Sport Trac, and the storage bins seem to be pretty pathetic. The two smaller ones literally seem to be the size of a six pack, and are situated between the back of the wheel well arches and the tailgate on each side. The "larger" compartment is between the front of the wheel well arches and the cab. Also, if you read the article, you can tell by the comments the make that they are really on the defensive, especially against the Ridgeline.

You can read the full article here:

http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_display.cfm?vehicle_id=1330&press_subsection_id=420&make_id=92

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think in some ways, you have to understand their position. Being in Detriot... if they don't support the Big 2.5, they (the "Free press") will be shut down due to "lack of funding".

It's sad, but it's true I think.

Having said that, each time I see a Sport Track on the road, I literally think that it's a shame that someone would pay money for such a poorly put together truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Based on my personal experience as a former Ford Explorer owner, I suggest that Ford Sport Trac owners carry the following intems in their three trunk-ettes:

1) Bondo to fill body rust through holes so that you can pass state inspection.
2) White cloth flags and flares to signal other motorists that there is a disabled vehicle on the side of the road (due to A4LD transmission failure, head gasket failures, intake manifold gasket failure, alternator failure, etc., etc., etc.)
3) Tow chain, assorted tools (but not both since the 'trunk' is too small for both) Aspirin and other prescription or non-prescription remedies for your constant stress, tension and headaches.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!! Sad what is about to happen to Detroit, now that the scam known as employee pricing is over. Wait a month.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts