Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those that have added spot mirrors to the door mirrors, I was wondering what size you have gone with? I'm wondering how a 3" fits on them and how well the 2" works. The 2" seems pretty small.

Thanks

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I really like the little rectangular ones. Even though they are small, they have much less distortion than the round ones. Plus they are set at an angle, which also helps.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Ditto on the rectuangular style. Had one on my previous vehicle & loved it. But I haven't seen one in a while - when I do I'll pick one up for my Ridge.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the 2 inch round one. Works well for me. Waiting to see how the mirror heaters will affect it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
hiPSI said:
I have the 2 inch mirrors. Mirror heater defrosts the spot mirrors too.
Same here, had the 2" on my 1994 Pathfinder SE with heated mirrors and only a few seconds behind the mirror the spot cleared up, no issues with them after 8 years either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
RidgeInTheVille said:
For all of those that have added spot mirrors to the door mirrors, I was wondering what size you have gone with? I'm wondering how a 3" fits on them and how well the 2" works. The 2" seems pretty small.

Thanks

RidgeInTheVille
I originally put on the 2" but the view was so small that I could not get enough detail. I took them off and put the 3" on, big improvement.
I had them on my last truck and they stayed on for 5 years it also had heated mirrors. It is important that thay are placed in the upper outboard corners to keep them from limiting the existing mirror view. I have never tried the rectangle ones

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the 2" mirrors and hardly use them...except when backing up, then I use them exclusively. I had a Dodge Dakota before the Ridgeline and I NEEDED the spot mirrors then for regular driving. Somehow I don't have the blind spots in the Ridge that I had in the Dakota.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I finally found some in a store and picked up both 2" and 3". I'll try them to make sure but I have a feeling I'll put the 3" on the Ridgeline and the 2" on the Pilot (smaller mirrors).

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does anyone think the Honda Goldwing blind spot mirror would work? It is the small one on the bottom. I don't know how it would mount. Just thought it might be a neat alternative to sticking one on the heated mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have 2" round adjustable spot mirrors in the upper outermost corners. Your GL mirror would be way too low for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts