Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for good exterior spray wax and an interior surface cleaner for my 2019. Any ideas on keeping my Ridgeline looking its very best?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can share some thoughts on the exterior... I tried everything Meguires , Aerolon's "Tech Shine", P& S sales "Bead Maker", everything Turtle Wax for over 30+ years. My trucks have always been black. Owned my 2019 Sport for 2 years now with 24,000 miles. Still picking out Meguire's car wax after 10 months (using toothpicks and bamboo skewers). Settled on alternatiing between the Turtle Wax ICE or Bead Maker. For me, those two are the easiest to apply, buff/gloss, hydrophobic excellent properties and has the smoothest "feel".

·
Registered
'19 RTL-T
15 Posts
I'm looking for good exterior spray wax and an interior surface cleaner for my 2019. Any ideas on keeping my Ridgeline looking its very best?
Aerolon. it's not a wax but a polymer. You'll never wax your vehicle again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recently tried Chemical Bros. Extreme Bodywash and Wax as well as the quick detailer. Happy with the results so far.

·
Registered
'19 RTL-T
15 Posts
Aerolon gets spread on wet and sprayed of with the hose. Then you simply dry the vehicle as normal. I've also found that it lasts much longer than any wax here in FL.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I've used Lemon Pledge for the last 20 years on all interior surfaces including leather but not glass. I've also used Lemon Pledge on the exterior plastic panels of my '06 Honda Element with good results.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,157 Posts
I've used Lemon Pledge for the last 20 years on all interior surfaces including leather but not glass. I've also used Lemon Pledge on the exterior plastic panels of my '06 Honda Element with good results.
How shiny does Pledge leave the interior surfaces?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm fan of Griot's Garage products. www.griotsgarage.com. The interior cleaner has removed ink marks from leather seats in some former vehicles I've owned.
i second that. best of show wax from them is awesome as well

Reactions: TNFurb

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Back when I was on the Drive Accord forums, I found out about Surf City Garage "Dash Away" for interior plastic panels (see links below) - many good reviews! I've used it since 2012 on my Accords and Ridgeline, as well as on our vintage Alfa Romeo Spider. It gives a very subtle restoration to vinyl (not glossy or oily like the horrible old-school Armor-All stuff, but restores the original color and sheen). It's so good - that "I'm converted for life" on this one.

Besides Dash Away, I also use the following products for the uses indicated - no damage ever to my vehicles:
* Exterior wax: Meguiar's "Ultimate Liquid Wax" ("pure synthetic wax") - easy to apply, nice sheen, seems to last about 4-6 months
* Leather seat cleaner: Lexol "All Leather Cleaner" - works for me
* Leather seat dressing: Lexol "All Leather Conditioner" - nice subtle restoration, not oily or glossy

The following also work well for street use, but see to get overcome by dusty gravel roads on tires and our Ridgeline's black plastic lower body cladding. If anyone has anything better for these on dusty gravel roads, let me know:
* Black plastic trim: Meguiar's "Ultimate Black" - adds a nice subtle sheen that holds up for about 1-2 months
* Tire dressing: Surf City Garage "Beyond Black Tire Pro Dressing" - ditto above comment

YMMV (your mileage/experience may vary), but the above is what I've used.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Back when I was on the Drive Accord forums, I found out about Surf City Garage "Dash Away" for interior plastic panels (see links below) - many good reviews! ....
Post #7 on this thread, from Drive Accord's detailing guru member "RTexasF" (13,848 posts) that alerted me to Dash Away, that I was trying to find...

"Thanks to Satinsilver I recently acquired Surf City Garage "Dash Away". I have been the leading proponent for Aerospace 303 here for years but Dash Away is my new go to product. It cleans, offers UV protection, and leaves a non shiny, non oily, non slippery finish just like 303. The difference? Ease of application....no smear, no streak, no going back over it for a 2nd or 3rd wipe. Spray it on, wipe it off, and you're done. "

FYI - I have no affiliation to any of the companies or forums I've mentioned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Saw this the other day, easy to wipe off or do you have to buff like a traditional wax? How long does it last?
Depends on how much you use and if you spray water on after. I use a lot and don’t spray water after. It’s still lighter than buffing wax, but you do have to buff it a bit. In the rainy northeast, parking outside, lasts about two months.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have a BE with a white residue on the plastic trim around the wheels & lower trim. after multiple tries with Armour All and other cleaners, the residue remains. Anybody find some way to clean it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem and have found that CarGuys Plastic Restorer works very well. It last about 3-4 months in the FL sun and rains. Not particularity cheap, but it works good and a bottle last about a year with quarterly applications.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have a BE with a white residue on the plastic trim around the wheels & lower trim. after multiple tries with Armour All and other cleaners, the residue remains. Anybody find some way to clean it?
Try a magic eraser and dish soap then a protectant of your choice

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline
1 Posts
I checked out the Aerolon and it looks great. What do you guys suggest to wash your vehicle with? Do you prefer a more or less soapy product?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts