Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought someone posted some pics of this installed above the gas pedal. Can someone post them here or text the pics to me 717-319-2100? I'm trying to help someone install over the phone, but they need a visual.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It’s unplug at the union and insert the new in between. The booster will be in between the original connections

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I purchased the sprint booster and am having troubles installing on my 2017 RTLE as I cant see where it plugs in, I know it goes on the upper part of the throttle pedal but mine is impossible to get to. I have talked to Jason and he sent me pictures of how it installs but his pictures do not look like mine. I tried removing the AC duct but it would not move and with all the stuff in the way you can not see that far up the pedal or reach your hand in their. Has anyone with a 17 installed one of these and if so how did you do ir other than removing the pedal that I really don't want to do. As lt stands I well not be installing and well have to return as its impossible to to get there to see or feel. Any advise would be helpful.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Took me 2 minutes to install, nothing has to be removed.

The throttle connection points straight up, and there is plenty of room there. Just feel for the connection.

Be sure wire does not touch the steering column, or routed in from of the heater vent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
17-19+ all the same. This may help ya. As soon as I turn the camera sideways you can see the stock plug/pigtail you need to unplug to plug in the sprint booster.

Reactions: Mike Muniz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Late to this./.. Due to sausage fingers, I found removing the actual throttle pedal made this job MUCH easier. It's only three bolts and after you remove the pedal, everything else should make more sense.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
It's just not in the cards for some folks to work on their own vehicle.

My hands are a bit wide, so I chose to remove the HVAC duct. It's held on by one small bolt, but additionally you have to squeeze to release the dark blue colored "pinch clamp" that's attached to the front facing end of the duct, and disconnect the duct from the rear facing end of it. Then, there's small HVAC hose (maybe 1/2" ID) to disconnect also and the duct is then free. Disconnecting and freeing the duct took me less than 1 minute, and there was way more than enough room to see and work unobstructed in order to install the booster.

Pretty sure I just wasted my time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like there are some good options for installing this if you can’t do it without removing anything. To throw in my 2 cents - I did it without removing anything by laying on my back in the footwell and reaching up with a little flathead screwdriver. Since the plug only has a latch on one side you just need to carefully unlatch it and can use something to push it up and off. Putting the new one on is also pretty easy just align it and pull or push down. I would add a picture but the video above shows it more clearly than I could get with a camera

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like there are some good options for installing this if you can’t do it without removing anything. To throw in my 2 cents - I did it without removing anything by laying on my back in the footwell and reaching up with a little flathead screwdriver. Since the plug only has a latch on one side you just need to carefully unlatch it and can use something to push it up and off. Putting the new one on is also pretty easy just align it and pull or push down. I would add a picture but the video above shows it more clearly than I could get with a camera
This should help out more. This took a lot of time and many takes without messing up the words, lol. Harder to talk sometimes when you're focusing on the video!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Informative video. I turned the sprint booster off by mistake it seems when I was cycling through the modes the last time I drove the truck. This morning my wife drove the truck to work and instantly called me and asked what was wrong with it and it felt slow LoL. I told her put it on green 9 setting then she called back and said it's good again. I just don't get why Honda would ever put a car out there with this problem. Even the service tech at my dealer mentioned how much better it drove. they did an alignment on my car and test drove it after. He said a lot of people have complained about this issue and they had no fix. he then told the service manager about the sprint booster and he wanted to drive it but I was running late and had to go.

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Silly question, but what is the issue and WHAT is the Sprint Booster?
Not a silly question. I'll admit, it doesn't have a silly name, but it works. Here is another post about this with a video that explains what it does and why it helps the delayed gas pedal response and feel:
https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-ridgeline-2g-2017/217554-sluggish-throttle-how-fix-will.html

Rather than me say how good this is, see below from actual customers. These are just a few quotes from the above link. They can speak better than I can as they are real customers on this forum with it installed in their 17-19+ Ridgelines. It's the best selling item I have right now and not one person that has installed the unit has returned it.

My 2 cents, the booster does exactly what they say it does. Very easy to install, makes the drivability more pleasant. Doesn't seem to effect the gas milage either way. I will keep it, towing a travel trailer is much
better with it. My only con would be the cost, a bit pricey. Also those who are concerned about warranty
issues, if you have to take in to the dealer just take it out, it only takes a couple of minutes. DUH!
My 2017 RTL-E Ridgeline's sometimes pronounced hesitation has bothered me since June 20, 2016, the day I picked it up from the dealer.

So I'm dying to try this product
This is my second Sprint Booster (Thanks Jason!) My first was a V2 SB that had 3 settings, off, street and race. Like another post here, I had mine on a tuned Mini Cooper with a 6 speed manual. The stock throttle response was crazy slow on the Mini especially when comparing it to the last "wired" throttle control car I had. It seriously transformed the feel and response in that vehicle making shifting much smoother and making quick acceleration feel as it should. The V3 SB on my 19 BE takes a major chunk out of the lethargic throttle response and the ability to have more adjustability on the newer version is really nice. I've been tweaking it here and there but for now I've kept it on the green 7 setting. I agree it's pricey, but since this is my daily driver, the SB is going to be the only modification I do to the engine since it really helps the driveability.
I currently own a 2019 RTL-E, and just purchased a Sprint Booster for it. I used to have a '08 RL, and installed one of these on it, and loved it.

Professionally, I do contract work for Caterpillar Fuel Systems and load software files onto engine ECMs using a program called Vector CANape. This is in order to run tests and simulate real world engine conditions on 3516 engine test benches. So I have a bit of an understanding of electronic engine controls, but I'm not a genius.

So I guess I used to own it, loved it, will own it again soon, and I claim to know how it works.
- If you still have questions, the video above will help too. You can order your's here below:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3 in stock again There are also some recent reviews here as well

·
Registered
83 Posts
What setting do you guys have your sprint booster set to???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts