Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an FYI, I had one that worked for a few days but kept throwing TPS error codes and the throttle would completely stop working. Currently waiting for this one to be replaced via RMA. I'm hoping to have better experience with this next one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question, I just received the Sprint Booster and I’m excited to try it out but I was wondering if you could plug the booster in and connect the little remote that comes with, pick the setting that you want and then unplug the remote so there aren’t any wires hanging around? I know there’s a zip tie and some tape that comes with it but I would rather not have wires down by the pedals.

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Quick question, I just received the Sprint Booster and I’m excited to try it out but I was wondering if you could plug the booster in and connect the little remote that comes with, pick the setting that you want and then unplug the remote so there aren’t any wires hanging around? I know there’s a zip tie and some tape that comes with it but I would rather not have wires down by the pedals.

Yes you can! That's also another cool feature about this. You don't have to have anything showing. You can set it and forget it. Meaning, set it to what you want then unplug the controller, no wires, nothing! It will remember the setting, even if you battery dies. It unplugs like an aux cable, then just keep the controller coiled up in the glove box if you ever want to change it at a later date.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, latest version, ON SALE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an update, I received the new Sprint Booster in from RMA today (quick turnaround too) and it seems to be working fine now. Before, I couldn't drive but just around the block before it failed but I've been driving all day with no issues. It's a night and day difference though - I would highly recommend it

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Supposed to be easy install, so I attempted install today. Could not get the connector on the pedal loose. 3 bolts and pedal was out. Disconnected pedal and looked at the Sprint Booster connector. Doesn't match on either end. I think i got the wrong one. Took pics and put OEM connections back together. Sent Jason email with pics. Do any of you have pics of your Sprint Booster to compare? Here is what mine looks like. Also have pics of the connectors which are different than stock pedal and dash cable connectors. I was expecting a smaller unit based on other pictures in the instructions (I realize the instructions show a generic unit).

By the way, I also can't get the video and links to other threads you refer to work, Jason. I was trying to find a comparison somewhere..
Sprint Booster.jpg

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sent Jason email with pics. Do any of you have pics of your Sprint Booster to compare? Here is what mine looks like. Also have pics of the connectors which are different than stock pedal and dash cable connectors. I was expecting a smaller unit based on other pictures in the instructions (I realize the instructions show a generic unit).

By the way, I also can't get the video and links to other threads you refer to work, Jason.
View attachment 394203
@ChucklesToy - It looks like the white piece came out of your factory connector. I can see it in the Sprint Booster.

Take the white piece out of the pedal with needle nose pliers and put in back in the harness side. Then you should be all good.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, latest version, ON SALE!

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Jason! I was able to fix it and now it works. I'm an expert now in removing the pedal now :rolleyes: Can't wait to test it on the road tomorrow! Will update after the test drive.

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks for the quick response Jason! I was able to fix it and now it works. I'm an expert now in removing the pedal now :rolleyes: Can't wait to test it on the road tomorrow! Will update after the test drive.
Great! Be sure to come back with your thoughts :) Thank you for the feedback.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=ridge_sprint_bstr - in stock right now and ships UPS express.

Also, please watch this video if you have any doubts. This is now my best selling Ridgeline product.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Me again! Had a chance to drive on city streets of various speeds and highway at 70-80 MPH (yes, speed limit here is 80). I was amazed at the new pedal feel and not only how quickly the Ridge responds off the line now, but also how responsive she is to keeping speed consistent or to acceleration up hills. When I first installed, I had it on green 7, but backed it down to green 5 after almost causing whiplash to myself. At green 5, it is very close to my wife's 2017 Accord V6. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ordered my Sprint Booster on Friday and received it on Saturday. After a quick try to install it in place, I decided to remove the gas pedal. I removed the three nuts (12mm) which allowed the pedal and harness to drop down to easily install the Booster. I am currently running Green 7 and am really happy with the result. There is no lag at starting from full stop and overall seems like there is more horsepower available. Highly recommend it.

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Me again! Had a chance to drive on city streets of various speeds and highway at 70-80 MPH (yes, speed limit here is 80). I was amazed at the new pedal feel and not only how quickly the Ridge responds off the line now, but also how responsive she is to keeping speed consistent or to acceleration up hills. When I first installed, I had it on green 7, but backed it down to green 5 after almost causing whiplash to myself. At green 5, it is very close to my wife's 2017 Accord V6. :D
Great!!! Thanks for the feedback. I've also had people now tell me they've noticed a gas mileage bump with the sprint booster,3 guys that took trips, mostly highly told me they got about 1 more mpg!! That's super cool. Did you notice any gain yet?

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=ridge_sprint_bstr - in stock right now and ships UPS express.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Gas mileage has increased ~+1 MPG. It does keep consistent speed easier through hilly areas on the highway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gas mileage has increased ~+1 MPG. It does keep consistent speed easier through hilly areas on the highway.
I'm also getting about 1.1 more mpg with this! Didn't expect that bonus but it's super nice!

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
29 Posts
What do you guys do with the controller? Is the cord long enough to somehow route it to the center console box to keep it out of sight? I'm not sure I would want to hang anything on my dash.

·
Vendor
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What do you guys do with the controller? Is the cord long enough to somehow route it to the center console box to keep it out of sight? I'm not sure I would want to hang anything on my dash.
Yes, cord will reach, BUT, but... You don't have to mount the controller at all, you don't even have to hook it up. Once you set it, you can unplug it and it remembers your setting in the firmware, even if your battery dies, it will still remember it. But, many that see the controller in person like it and the quality of it (it's only half the size of your thumb) and end up using it. Again, you don't have to even use it if you want a fully stealth install.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster, V3 in stock again , ships 2nd day UPS express.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
582 Posts
I used the controller to set the unit to green 5, (sport?). I then unplugged it and now it resides in the bottom of the center console I case I need it again.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts