Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cold my squeaking has been so loud lately from the power steering. Picked up this O-ring and swapped it out in 5 minutes in the power steering pump. Squeak gone!! The old ring was really worn and was letting air in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
With the cold my squeaking has been so loud lately from the power steering. Picked up this O-ring and swapped it out in 5 minutes in the power steering pump. Squeak gone!! The old ring was really worn and was letting air in.

How did this part come out? Twist or pull? This is the part that feed into the side of the motor right?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Boy that thing blends right in. Thank you! I will say I spilled a little on my belt and now that squeaks but hopefully that will fade.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boy that thing blends right in. Thank you! I will say I spilled a little on my belt and now that squeaks but hopefully that will fade.

It will. Mine did too. Changing out that serpentine belt is so easy as well. Love working on my RL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I gotta give you the full story on this. My Ridge started squeaking like 3 weeks ago. I was baffled, and had no idea what it could have been. So after dealing with the bird chirping from my motor for three weeks, Tapatalk informed me of this thread as a notification. Talk about perfect timing! I would never have stumbled across the squeak in a million years. Honda would have charged me for blinker fluid and I would have gotten hosed. Thank you ROC! It's running great today, less effort turning and no squeak!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed, can't imagine what Honda would charge for this. So easy and pretty fun to swap out!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts