Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a SRS light on now in my new-to-me 2013 Ridgeline. I've seen on Youtube that there is a MES connector that can be shorted out to RESET the light IF the problem is cleared.
Can someone tell me where, or show me where this MES connector is located? It's supposed to be a Yellow connector that terminates in an empty socket, but all of the Yellow connectors that i've located have wiring continuing on past the connector itself.
Your help would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
It could be a number of things. They can be checked with an OBD2 scanner. It may even be as simple as the retraction mechanism being slow. That’s what mine was. On U.S. vehicles the seat belts are lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
That used to happen on my '02 Accord, and google came to my rescue, with a member from some forum showing how to jump it and following a sequence of key on, key off that was a bit tricky. However, the light would come back on after a few weeks.

I finally took it to a Honda dealer and they fixed it under the free lifetime "belts & buckles" warranty, but they did tell me later models didn't have the lifetime warranty. Maybe a 100k mile warranty or something.

Oh yeah, the issue for me was a sensor in the seat belt buckle was not triggering when the belt was connected. Sensor replaced.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today I think I saw on the Maintenance Minder a 'Side curtain airbag disconnected' message that appeared momentarily then went out, but SRS lite stayed on. Thoughts?
Still, I would like to know where the MES connector is located, anyone know? thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2013 Honda Ridgeline has the SRS light on and a message momentarily came on that said Side Aircurtain Off. It doesn't specify which side. How can I determine which one is the problem, and how do I locate the connector for the curtain.
And, where is the MES connector located in the Ridgeline so I can do the Reset of the light after the issue is fixed?

thank you

2 Posts
My 2013 Honda Ridgeline has the SRS light on and a message momentarily came on that said Side Aircurtain Off. It doesn't specify which side. How can I determine which one is the problem, and how do I locate the connector for the curtain.
And, where is the MES connector located in the Ridgeline so I can do the Reset of the light after the issue is fixed?

thank you

thank you
Hey bsmart

Did you ever figure out what the problem was on your 13 Ridgeline I just bought mine a 3 weeks ago got the same issue SRS Light stays on took it to Honda the did the recall on the the Takata airbag but they didn’t reset the light. I tried google to find the connector also no luck to rest it my self. So I was wondering what happen on your end. Mine is a sport not sure if that makes a any difference

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I learned is....there is NO onboard reset method for the newer Ridgelines. I ended up purchasing an Autel diagnostic tool to plug into the OBD2 connector which would allow me to read any error codes. It gave me several SRS related codes on the display screen which I wrote down and put away somewhere. Then it gave me the option to RESET the codes, which I did, and the SRS light went out and has never returned.

2 Posts
Wow thank you so much for getting back with me with that info sounds like I have no choice but to do the same the dealers wants another fee to reset the light 💡 even though its all good thanks man life saving advise here. 👌🏾 Take care glad you figured it out in time to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts